Capitol Armory ad

Why must threads become pissing matches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I am not a new member by any means just don't post enough to become a Senior Member. This is a great Forum but more and more I am seeing thread after thread hijacked by members getting into pissing matches and totally ruining the original thread. Just today I posted a simple question about having my pistol in the car at a high school football game. Luckily I received an answer to my question before two members started arguing about their opinions on the law and the thread was locked. What the hell is up? Answer the question and if you want to start arguing about who has broken the speed limit or what ever the hell you were talking about....start you own damn thread. Rant over.
    Target Sports

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It's a handful of the same people over and over again from what I've seen. I agree that I don't visit as often now due to the behaviour of a select few.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It seems to be the nature of the Internet. On some days, the "measuring" is often virtually non existent. On other days, it's on in full force and a part of every thread. Just my .02

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some are trying to quite smoking, others are pissed about the government. Tempers are high right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I am not a new member by any means just don't post enough to become a Senior Member. This is a great Forum but more and more I am seeing thread after thread hijacked by members getting into pissing matches and totally ruining the original thread. Just today I posted a simple question about having my pistol in the car at a high school football game. Luckily I received an answer to my question before two members started arguing about their opinions on the law and the thread was locked. What the hell is up? Answer the question and if you want to start arguing about who has broken the speed limit or what ever the hell you were talking about....start you own damn thread. Rant over.

I couldn't agree more with you.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

I agree... some dont know how to have a civilized discussion..... some just have to prove they have the only correct answer....

2slow

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    beaumont
    most people get into pissing matches because they think they have a bigger penile than the other... its the same on all other forums, trucks, atv, boats whatever they act that way

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I didn't even click on your other thread because I knew how it would turn out. I just try to avoid it... except for some political discussions.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    sooooooooooooo now dis a black thang now(Lol) i see it too some guys just gotta be right thats why that they aint married

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it all boils down to the fact that some people just like to see their comments posted somewhere. It's similar to a verbal conversation where some people just like to hear themselves talk. On forums, they just have to see themselves in "print." People are always going to disagree on one point or another and, unfortunately, some carry these disagreements to the extreme and others respond to those extreme comments thus taking the original thread into the "pissing contest" phase completely destroying the original post subject. The anonymous nature of forum posts can add to this "pissing contest" behavior making it very difficult to keep the thread on topic of the original post.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    After serving as a moderator on very large boards over the years, and spending perhaps way too much time on more than a few (in rather diverse fields), I have noticed several things that I consider to be true:

1. Some people are assholes. No matter what.
    2 Many more people are only assholes when they can hide behind their keyboards.
    3. And even more people refuse to consider relevant data when making decisions. This would account for Obama, among other egrarious mistakes in our country's history, but also applies to message boards ;)

Folks in these three groups, and they are a very small percentage of people (and less, I've noticed, in the gun world) in general, always have to be "right" and will blather about things of which they obviously know little to nothing, in the hope that their ranting will make people agree with them. People in the third group can sometimes be reasoned with. Assholes, and those wimps and pretenders who are only "manly' behind their keyboards, are usually not worth the time...although sometimes chumming the waters can be entertaining.

Personally, I like...pie...

...mmm.....pie....

Alex

PS On some other boards I sometimes think of myself as a man floating down a sewer in a glass-bottom boat. I may be in this shit, but I'm clearly above it.

Which may put me on "1" :)

AW

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    It's an insecurity thing. Some folks have to prove, at least to themselves, that they're worthwhile and their opinions matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom