• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    My original argument was that SBRs/compensators don't need extra regulation.
    Im not saying that because people are able to pay enough to go through the legal process they have been trained enough to buy a machine gun.
    Plus the select fire 22 sounds fun. I just think that it's a bigger issue than the current laws on SBRs and compensator.
    Capitol Armory ad

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Can we all agree that the SBR/compensator issue is over regulated?
    is there a way to push for the laws to be reformed and get the people who did pay for this process reimbursed on their taxes?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Im not saying that because people are able to pay enough to go through the legal process they have been trained enough to buy a machine gun. Plus the select fire 22 sounds fun.

Well that's the way the law is and you said you supported the current ban. In the eyes of the NFA there's no distinction between a select-fire 10/22 and an Oerlikon 20mm vehicle mounted automatic cannon.

People not inclined to commit crimes with single shot firearms are also not inclined to commit crimes with full-autos. That's just fact. Otherwise there would be a mound of bodies reminiscent of those Cambodian genocide photos every day from the 300 million privately owned firearms in American homes.

The criminals don't care about getting an extra 10 years in prison and $250k fine for an illegal NFA device (MGs or anything else). If they did then klebold and harris never would have shot up the school because they faced almost 1000 years in prison on NFA violations alone.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I dunno, I kinda do agree on some requirements before owning/operating a full-auto firearm. No extra restrictions on obtaining/purchasing but I'm all for education classes on operation and functionality as well as practical shooting exercises being a requirement. Sorry, but I've been on a couple of MG shoots as well as witnessed the uninitiated fire them off at DFW Gun and to say that I wouldn't stand even behind them is an understatement.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sooooo ..................... if something may be dangerous, we're gonna' leave it to the government to train, teach, charge us, restrict us, etc. How's that workin' out so far with the other "government" programs. Shit is gonna' happen, we can't stop it, and the damn govt. can't either. Etc., etc. .......

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Sooooo ..................... if something may be dangerous, we're gonna' leave it to the government to train, teach, charge us, restrict us, etc. How's that workin' out so far with the other "government" programs. Shit is gonna' happen, we can't stop it, and the damn govt. can't either. Etc., etc. .......

Calm yo' teets, friend :) We now have mandatory driver's education classes for everybody under 25 here in Texas for a reason, too. It's not an unreasonable request :rolleyes:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Now what will really mess with your noodle is this:

You can't build or buy a brand new select-fire 10/22. Too dangerous by your logic.

But you can build a new flamethrower (not regulated as a firearm). With a little paperwork and cash you can buy or build a new 40mm grenade launcher. You can build new 40mm High Explosive grenades. If there are US manufactured MGL-140 six shot 40mm grenade launchers you could buy one. You could even build a 155mm artillery piece as a private individual.

But the select-fire 10/22 is forever off limits to you. Try to wrap your head around that. It's the current law you support.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Yeah, that's working out real good, I musta' missed the sudden downturn in traffic accidents and citations since they started the program. Training and education is good, it's the govt. that screws it up and then makes us pay for it. I, as well as a lot of folks, just have a "bad attitude" about the inabilities govt. has about doing almost anything correctly.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How long until that same training requirement was applied to every firearm?

Instead of a $200 tax stamp, you pay $200 for a training class. Course, you gotta track who's been trained so then there is going to be some sort of licensing or permitting program to be out in place so that the "untrained" can be identified.

Then it's just a matter of ever increasing permit requirements.

Freedom entails a certain amount of risk.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Now what will really mess with your noodle is this:

You can't build or buy a brand new select-fire 10/22. Too dangerous by your logic.

But you can build a new flamethrower (not regulated as a firearm). With a little paperwork and cash you can buy or build a new 40mm grenade launcher. You can build new 40mm High Explosive grenades. If there are US manufactured MGL-140 six shot 40mm grenade launchers you could buy one. You could even build a 155mm artillery piece as a private individual.

But the select-fire 10/22 is forever off limits to you. Try to wrap your head around that. It's the current law you support.

I believe some of the things you mention are considered a destructive device and must be stamped and built by only licensed individuals.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I support the machine gun ban how it is now. Not to extend it further, because many people can't properly operate a fully automatic gun. I think people could have more accidents simply because people who don't know what they're doing could lose control of the weapon. This is much less likely with semi autos. I think it's funny to watch the freedom fighters lose control of their AKMs in full auto, but I don't want that to happen in America.

How do you explain the complete lack of accidents in all the decades prior to the ban?

There are actually more documented accidents with MGs since 1986 then before, mostly IMO due to the forbidden fruit nature. And fatal accidents with semi-autos kill far more people every year than MGs ever did in all years. Your logic is completely backward with reality.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008

Instead of a $200 tax stamp, you pay $200 for a training class. Course, you gotta track who's been trained so then there is going to be some sort of licensing or permitting program to be out in place so that the "untrained" can be identified.

Winner!!! ^^^^^

If ya' really, really want to screw something up, just let the govt. take over the program!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, that's working out real good, I musta' missed the sudden downturn in traffic accidents and citations since they started the program. Training and education is good, it's the govt. that screws it up and then makes us pay for it. I, as well as a lot of folks, just have a "bad attitude" about the inabilities govt. has about doing almost anything correctly.

Training only works for those who want to be there and learn. Everyone else will catch just enough to pass and purge the info moments after the test.

Those that want to be there would probably get the training on their own, without gov regulation.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas

Yes, because that's exactly what happened when Texas legalized and regulated concealed carry licensing. Oh wait, no it didn't. The state legislature actually lightened up on the amount of class time required.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, because that's exactly what happened when Texas legalized and regulated concealed carry licensing. Oh wait, no it didn't. The state legislature actually lightened up on the amount of class time required.

We are talking federal law, not Texas.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    This thread is getting hijacked.

This is is supposed to be about the regulations on SBRs and compensators.
    Machine guns are cool but that a different thread.

Lets get back to the original topic.
    Grumper - please don't make a flamethrower unless it's gonna be awesome and you post pics.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This thread is getting hijacked.

This is is supposed to be about the regulations on SBRs and compensators.
    Machine guns are cool but that a different thread.

Lets get back to the original topic.
    Grumper - please don't make a flamethrower unless it's gonna be awesome and you post pics.

This is TGT.

Having a thread here is like being the captain of a ship transporting a full cargo of gold off the coast of Somalia and advertising your cargo.

Your bound to get hijacked.

Top Bottom