• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What we really need is smaller, cheaper CNC machines and bittorent distributed plans for DIAS. I still don't get how intrastate MFG by an individual for their own personal use can possibly be regulated by the Feds.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Being that a suppressor is not a firearm, but only an accessory, it is difficult to see why it should regulated. Along the same thought, why is it illegal to attach a foregrip to a pistol? It seems as though anything that allows better control of a firearm should be encouraged, not regulated.
    Why is a barrel length of 16" allowed, but not 15.99". Many of these rules seem arbitrary in nature.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Being that a suppressor is not a firearm, but only an accessory, it is difficult to see why it should regulated. Along the same thought, why is it illegal to attach a foregrip to a pistol? It seems as though anything that allows better control of a firearm should be encouraged, not regulated.
    Why is a barrel length of 16" allowed, but not 15.99". Many of these rules seem arbitrary in nature.

Not to mention, a suppressor is actually for safety purposes. We put them on anything with an engine, and can get noise ordinance tickets for it being loud, why shouldn't we do the same for firearms? Its being curteous to not disturb your neighbors.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I get that asked every time someone finds out I have suppressors. "Why do you have/need one?" And my answer is the same every time. I like to shoot and shoot often and would prefer to cause as little damage to my hearing as possible, especially indoors :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I get that asked every time someone finds out I have suppressors. "Why do you have/need one?" And my answer is the same every time. I like to shoot and shoot often and would prefer cause as little damage to my hearing as possible, especially indoors :rolleyes:

plus they look BA on the end of your rifle or pistol...

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Unfortunately I don't see any NFA laws going away... not anytime soon.
    You talk about chipping away, but exactly the opposite is happening. They are regulating a little more and more all the time. 41P definitely doesn't help us at all. Maybe if Holder and his Cronies get out we could do something, but not until then.

Top Bottom