• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Makes me miss my slab side MKII. I might have to snag one of these before all is said and done.

10149.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I bought a 22/45 yesterday at Cheaper Than Dirt. I've several other .22 pistols, but I wanted one of these with a 5.5" barrel. It was $279 plus tax.

I mostly shoot a Buckmark and a Beretta NEOS, but I've been wanting a 22/45 for some time now. I sold my old Ruger bull barrel a few years ago and wanted another, but with the different grip angle.

I got a little bored shooting bullseyes, and started tracing a circle on paper using a coke can. I don't shoot the center, but rather shoot the line all the way around until the center falls out. If I hit the middle of the bullseye I've missed. I also shoot this target with a scoped 10/22 at 50yds. It's fun.

cog41

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Texas
    Yep. My Ruger MK II is my favorite pistol.

I'll second those polymerized fingertips and no nerve endings.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    For what it's worth, I was going to mention this earlier, but I forgot until now. Some say that the 22/45 is not a MKIII, that the MKIII has the Luger style grip, but stamped clearly on the barrel of my new 22/45 it says MKIII.

This sucker is a bitch to get apart and together again when it's new. I finally got it apart, knocked the barrel off with a dead blow hammer, put it back together and it didn't work. It wouldn't cock and fire, and the mainspring would not come out more than a 3/8 inch. I was pissed. I dicked with it off and on for a couple of days and mysteriously the spring came away from the grip and I was able to get it apart. Putting it back together I followed the procedure on a website that gave step by step instructions. It's together and working finally.

Top Bottom