APOD Firearms

WHY!?!? for some stupid reason I decided to get my oil changed at walmart.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Re: WHY!?!? for some stupid reason I decided to get my oil changed at walmart........

I have a Mercedes and I have a old cummins powered Dodge. Both of them, and my wife's vehicle use Amsoil. Talk to me about expensive oil changes. Dealerships do the work. It is easy to get the work done there and having a history with the same dealership over years of time tends to help when I need some help with a price or anything else. Also, should you decide to sell the car, you have a verifiable repair history.
    Venture Surplus ad

texflip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Houston
    Re: WHY!?!? for some stupid reason I decided to get my oil changed at walmart........

A buddy of mine took his truck to Walmart for an oil change and it started running rough a few days later. Turns out they drained his transmission fluid instead of his oil pan. I have heard SEVERAL similar stories over the years.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

I'm glad I was a mechanic and I do my own work. That way it gets done right.
    My motto is why pay someone to screw it up, when I can screw it up myself for free!

A buddy of mine took his truck to Walmart for an oil change and it started running rough a few days later. Turns out they drained his transmission fluid instead of his oil pan. I have heard SEVERAL similar stories over the years.
    Yep, they did that to a friend of mine, too. Luckily they caught their mistake when they went to put new oil in and realized there was way too much in there. He said the manager was pretty pissed at that tech

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.

I'm surprised that Walmart put the oil back in it.....since you were going to have to drain it anyway to pull the pan.

I usually take my cars to a local oil change place (never any time to work on my cars anymore). You got me scared now as I am needing it changed before I make a trip to Phoenix. I'm sure they'd screw up the plug and ruin my trip. I'll wait until I get back and just do it myself. LOL

Brad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

Dude that sucks. You're starting off kinda crappy this year.

Just changed mine Saturday. I'm not Johnny Mechanic, but took like 30 seconds to slide a pan under and remove the plug. I don't get how they could screw it up that bad if its their sole job. Seriously, it's just one bolt...lefty loosey Even I can't screw it up.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

dude thats just one thing this week. Constantly been like this since I was 15...No joke.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas

i just traded a 2011 ford diesel in on a gas burner, at the dealership the service is 200 per change, and every 15000 miles it is over 300. the dealer a bought my gas burner at gives free oil change and service for the life of the truck. plus my diesel was payed for and i got a good check to put in the bank plus a payed for truck. even if i did have to pay for the service it's only 36 dollars.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX

Still change my own oil. Been doing it since my dad taught me as a kid. I am 50 yo now. I like to see how the engine is doing and I know it will be the oil I want and the filter is changed. Just do not trust those places. Kinda easy being in the country with a shop in my barn. Walmart is required by law to take my used oil for free. I just drive up and pour it into their container.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom