ARJ Defense ad

Why Are So Many Selling or WTB On The Site?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNK971

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Mico, TX
    I started using the ignore button. I ignored six guys that were showing up with lots of WTS posts. That cleared it up for what I'm happy with. I hover over the screen name to see how long the guy has been here. If it's been recent, I look at the posts. If it's mainly, or all, WTS I ignore them. I didn't ignore 586 guy. It was too entertaining.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I started using the ignore button. I ignored six guys that were showing up with lots of WTS posts. That cleared it up for what I'm happy with. I hover over the screen name to see how long the guy has been here. If it's been recent, I look at the posts. If it's mainly, or all, WTS I ignore them. I didn't ignore 586 guy. It was too entertaining.
    That’s kind of what I do. If multiple sale postings, I first look to see how long ago they signed up. Then, I’ll look at previous postings. If most are selling without any other participation, and they have been here for just a few months, then they are ignored. I currently have three I think that are on ignore. Makes my recent activity view much cleaner.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I think part of the bump issue is that people bought things during the pandemic when prices were at an all time high. Now that things are becoming available and prices are going down they think what they have is still valued at what they bought it for. You gotta shop smart. Buy when prices are low and sell high.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Or the person selling just lives too far away. Texas is a big state.
    This is something that I think a lot of fellers don't consider. Your ok priced widget loses value fast when I am looking at a hotel and 3 full tanks of gas for your "cash only face to face will not ship."

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey TGT,

Yinz iz way overthinkin' it................

Them all?

They just want the BAN HAMMER! :roflfunny:

1640489430896.png
    :green:

Jes sayin'..

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That’s kind of what I do. If multiple sale postings, I first look to see how long ago they signed up. Then, I’ll look at previous postings. If most are selling without any other participation, and they have been here for just a few months, then they are ignored. I currently have three I think that are on ignore. Makes my recent activity view much cleaner.

Just took this route myself.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    On the other hand, there are some items posted with decent prices that don't sell because of distance, niche market, etc.

Driving 6 hours in my F250 had dissuaded me from a few good deals.
    I hope I'm part of that group. I have an ad I've bumped a few times. It's actually way under priced. I think everyone just hates a single stack single/double action 9mm plastic fantastic. Or me.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Yep. I'd probably have attempted a trade with you if but for distance!

I picked up a Ruger EC9s thinking it would replace my current EDC, but me no like.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    There used to be WTS items in which I had interest.

Now, not so much. It seems people are hanging on to the decent stuff, and wanting to sell a bunch of junk for inflated prices. Just my .02.

And obviously I'm speaking in generalizations...

Then again, there have been several items listed at very reasonable prices that have remained for sale much longer than expected. Only distance has kept me from purchasing!
    I enjoy trading firearms, I have purchased 3 from TGT members and sold 7 trimming a 50 year collection

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom