• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasToasted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2015
    I've got a craving for a Rossi 92, lever action, 38/357. They're plentiful online, but I want to hold one in my hands before I purchase it and I prefer to buy local anyway.
    Does anyone know of a Houston area shop that has Rossi lever action rifles in stock? It wouldn't have to be the 38/357, I just want to get a feel for the design, so any of the other caliber models would do.
    Hurley's Gold

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If you can't find what you want, give Marburgers in Sea Brook a call. They can probably order one in for you.

I've ordered a Rossi shotgun from/through them at a very reasonable price among others.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Well.......you could check Collector's Firearms @ Fondren and Richmond. Be prepared for sticker shock tho.

Might call Fountain Firearms out on Hwy 6.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Gander and Bass Pro certainly do. Carters probably does. Tomball Pawn definitely does. I'd try Tomball Pawn first, their prices will beat online prices usually.

TexasToasted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2015
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I stopped by Academy on my way home from work and they had the Rossi 92 with the 16" barrel and the 20" barrel. And they had one Marlin 1894C.
    I had originally wanted the Marlin, but dismissed it because of all the complaints about their products after 2007, when Remington bought them, and the fact that the 38/357 version is impossible to find anywhere online. But after holding the Rossi and the Marlin in my hands at the same time, the Marlin was a lot nicer. The stock was a perfect fit with no gaps or proud edges and everything just seemed nicer. The Marlin was also cheaper. I don't remember the exact price, but the Rossi was like $450, and the Marlin was around $380.
    If the Marlin had been the 38/357 model, I would have bought it.
    I knew these were small guns, but I was surprised at just how small. My pellet rifle is a lot bigger and heavier.
    I didn't get to cycle the actions, because they were ty-rapped shut. I'll check out some of the other places you guys recommended and play with them some more.
    I wonder if/when Marlin will re-start production on the 38/357 version of the 1894C.

Edit-
    I went back to Academy to take a closer look at that Marlin. It is not a model 1894. It is a model 336 30-30. It is a beautifully made gun, but I don't need a 30-30. I just want a gun to play with at the range.

Last edited:

TexasToasted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2015
    Thank you all again for your suggestions. I ended up buying a new Rossi stainless steel carbine .38/.357 from Texian Firearms. It was about $600 out the door. There are cheaper versions, but I really like the stainless steel.
    And I seem to have gotten a good one. The lever is very easy to operate, the trigger is silky smooth with a 2.5lb pull, and it shoots just fine. It just needs a little polishing around the loading slot to smooth out the sharp edge.

Top Bottom