Who is looking forward to Ruger manufacturing Marlin lever guns - "Rumlins"

GeorgeS

Jul 7, 2018
San Antonio
There should be no problem chambering the .45 Colt round in a .454 Casull firearm as headspacing is on the rim.

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.
MIM is more than strong enough so long as basic engineering principles are followed.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

wbblazer90

Nov 18, 2014
I would like to see a really reasonably priced 336 in 30/30.
During the Remlin years they were almost giving them away. I got mine with a cheap scope for under $300 after a rebate. Now that Remington is OOB, prices on all their previous products went way up. No big issues except the loading gate spring feels like 300lbs.

MTA89

CEO of White Privilege Inc.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
During the Remlin years they were almost giving them away. I got mine with a cheap scope for under $300 after a rebate. Now that Remington is OOB, prices on all their previous products went way up. No big issues except the loading gate spring feels like 300lbs.
Check this out. This company is in Texas and all of their products are made here too

andre3k

TGT Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Houston
A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.
I think a large majority of Ruger rifles are investment cast, I don't think its been an issue so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

justashooter

Feb 21, 2013
I love Marlins and Rugers so this is a match made in heaven for me. I have two Marlins LAs. A older 44 mag, and a 3030 336 stainless with the gray laminate stock. I love the look of that gun. Anxious to see what Ruger does with the line.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
If Ruger was smart they should be tooling up big time for lever gun production.
If the demtards manage to get semi-auto bans enacted there will be huge demand for lever guns. Heck, there already is.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members