• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    People spend a lot of money on the NFL. Tickets, gear et al. Its huge, and contributes to the economy. I pretty much just watch on TV, so I guess I'm a freeloader. NASCAR also is a big contributor. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but I'm glad they are around to help the economy. So no, I'm not boycotting the NFL, and I'll be tuning in for free this Sunday.

+1...I'll be watching the game with friends and family and a lot of good food. This game has been become a bit of a tradition here the last few years. Hopefully the game will come down to the wire just like some of the playoff games.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I love playing sports, but watching them has never been that appealing to me unless someone I know personally is on the team.

I'll probably sit this Super Bowl out.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love playing sports, but watching them has never been that appealing to me unless someone I know personally is on the team.

I'll probably sit this Super Bowl out.

That resembles my view more fully than my initial post which sounded contrarian. I don't hate sports or athletes. I like going to local sports events, like playing sports and do enjoy watching MMA when I can.

Also...if its a way for family and friends to socialize I get that too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am not since the wife cooks lots of food that i want and I get sex.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Played, but never watched baseball or football much until we got a 60" flat screen last year. Gotta say that kicked up the enjoyment quite a bit. I'll be watching, and enjoying, the game tomorrow, just as I did for the World Series this year for the first time.

Obummer is not the only one saying he would not let his son play in the NFL. Fran Tarkington said basically the same thing in an interview on Fox last night.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Professional sports is way too "commercial" IMO. I stopped watching sports in the 90's to early 2000's. Worse yet is the fact that, now not only is it overly commercial and full of ridiculous pop culture BS, but now pro sports are also being heavily politicized and used as a tool to try and socially engineer people into submitting to the political will of certain groups. Just remember, Soylent Green is people. LOL

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    For the last 15 years this weekend has been a terrible reminder of me losing my best friend (murdered). Sometimes I watch game, sometimes I don't. But I've never forgotten my lost brother.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm not a big fan of either team.......Broncos or Sea Hawks but the Broncos quarterback, Peyton Manning intrigues me. He had a neck injury, was released from his long time team affiliation and was considered too old and "washed up".

John Elway from the Broncos took a chance on Manning, helped him rehab and put him back in the game. The result? Manning has broken many long standing records and took the Broncos to the Superbowl! That's the kind of story that legends are made of and as an old coot who was also kicked to the curb, even ignoring the football game, the comeback of Peyton Manning is a thrill in itself!

Am I going to watch the end of this magnificent journey? Damned straight! Potty on the game if you wish. It won't make a damned bit of difference to me! I have a slab of spare ribs ready, plenty of cold water and this game is going to be a Jim Dandy!

Flash

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Not boycotting.

Just don't care a whit about football.

I'd go to the range but the weather has turned nasty here.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I'm not a big fan of either team.......Broncos or Sea Hawks but the Broncos quarterback, Peyton Manning intrigues me. He had a neck injury, was released from his long time team affiliation and was considered too old and "washed up".

Flash

Yea he was in rough shape. He's had FOUR neck surgeries already. Good story for sure

Top Bottom