• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    Maybe I missed it, but have you considered the PT Rocker? I would think you could tweak the visual element (how much it rocks) by the simple addition of counter weights. Of course, that would be dependent on the ammo/loads, but perhaps a compromise counter weight could be found that would work for all your ammo. You could also attach to the counter weight one of those motion detector lights, and set it for as short a reset as possible. Target is hit, moves, light flashes. That would be a pretty good visual indicator. If you wanted to do an audio mod, you could use a similar motion detector light, but hack to run to a buzzer instead of the light.

I'm not sure if any of those ideas would work with available materials at a reasonable price, just thought I'd throw out some.
    Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe I missed it, but have you considered the PT Rocker?
    I had not considered it since I'd never heard of it. I looked at a demo video on youtube and it seems that the target can be set to reset very slowly. That might give me time to change focus from my iron sights to downrange and confirm a hit. That's far from ideal but it might work.

The only other problem I see is that the target stand height appears to be non-adjustable. That's not good. At my club, I need a short stand for long range and a much taller stand if I want to move the target close and shoot it with a regular handgun. I had been concentrating on the target head assemblies that go on top of 2x4 boards since they allowed me to have various stand heights on the cheap.

Nevertheless, this one looks like a distinct possibility. Thanks so much for pointing it out.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can out you in contact with them.
    OK, they're still in business even though they have let their web site go and are not stocked by the primary vendor referenced back when those videos were made. Interesting.

There's no need to put me in touch at the moment, though. The more I research, the more I realize that there are a variety of ways to meet my needs.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The blackhawk targets are 125lbs.

I can can put you in touch and they would likely build a few for you.

but. . . Again, . . They are heavy suckers. I have 3 and love them but they are a two man lift.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    KISS

I looked into this years ago and decided anything mechanical or electrical was going to me a maintenance nightmare over time.

I use these. No problem hearing or seeing them hit out to 600 yards (furthest I have tested).

GongPlates.gif

Top Bottom