• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Honestly no I don't just the only place in town I know that offers it, glanced around their website long enough to see that I wouldn't be able to justify/afford it. I've only been in their store once before all the craziness and was talking with the manager about their minimalist holsters, seemed like a good enough guy though nothing stuck out to me so I left the store empty handed.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    That was actually the not-so-pleasant experience I had with them. I asked about their minimalist holster. Rather than tell me they were out of holsters at the moment, they tried to sell me the "last one." They didn't feel it necessary to tell me it was improperly formed and would not retain a handgun. I just happened to not be a complete idiot and asked them to let me try the holster out on one of their handguns. Needless to say, I was not impressed with their customer service after that.

As far as trainers in town, I've attended Tactical Immersion's CCW training (www.tacticalimmersion.com) twice. I've heard about another trainer in north SA who is former Spec Ops and currently trains military, federal law enforcement, etc. However, I haven't seen any current course offerings from either.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I'm looking at a Suarez International class in April just north of San Antonio. They are holding several classes in your region this year. Take a look at what they offer, I'm no fan boy, just have really enjoyed their classes so far.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    + 1 for Kenan F. if you can get out there. BTDT guy that teaches with over 20 years of relevant experience.

In San Antonio, the top of my list is retired US Army SGM Kelly Venden of Criterion Tactical. Like Kenan, he's a former member of the military's premier hostage rescue unit and Kelly also played an important role in standing up the Federal Air Marshall program.

You'll have to contact him as his scedule varies, but he is super friendly and easy to work with.

https://www.facebook.com/CriterionTacctical/info

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Bob Mayne is the resident instructor in San Antonio for SI. I will be there this year as well, but I'll limit what I say here until I'm a full sponsor again.

Top Bottom