• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks like I’m heading to Waco tomorrow to Department of Motor Vehicles. I lucked out in seeing if a neighbor wanted to go along for the ride. He said he’s been meaning to go to Builders Square or Lowe’s. He said that he would drive his truck as to load what he wants.

The big thing is I said I’d buy lunch but have absolutely no idea what’s there to eat in Waco. I really don’t want bbq, a burger is fine if it’s an exceptional burger. I really would mind Vietnamese, Thai, or a great pizza joint.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My grandparents owned a section of land in Limestone County when I was a spud.

I’ve located their former property on Google Earth and I’m planning a trip out that way soon to see it for the first time in over 50 years.

I plan a stop at Woody’s Smokehouse as part of the deal.

Sorry I can’t recommend an eating place. I doubt Sattler’s Store is still in Thornton.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Pizza: Poppa Rollos. Two locations, Woodway and Valley Mills Drive in Waco proper. Both are exceptional.

Viet: Clay Pot near the Baylor Campus. Also a good Thai place near the Hilton (Bangkok Royal).

Burger/American Food: George's in Woodway or on I-35 near 18th St. in Waco. Also, Lone Star Steakhouse in Bellmead.

Enjoy the trip.....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    El Conquistador for texmex.

Kitok's for a great burger (caveat - haven't been there is some time).

Schmaltz's for a great sandwich on fresh baked bread (far better than Schlotzky's).

Stay away from Heitmiller's. Was the best chicken fried steak around when at the original location in Elm Mott under the original owner. Has gone steadily downhill under new ownership at the new location.

Pizza: Slow Rise Slice House. Far better than Rollos.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'll second papa rollos pizza, but go to the one on Valley mills. It has a secret bar in the back. Up front it's little rascals and a game room, but at the end of the hallway with bathrooms is a pay phone. The wall it's on is a door to the back room.

Top Bottom