• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    That is sweet man! So... I tore apart my CBST and I plan on makeing a light bearing kydex chunk for it. We'll see how that goes, its gonna be a pretty tight fit. I will no doubt need to punch new holes in the leather, but as much as Id hate to do that, it would be my ideal holster.
    Lynx Defense

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That is sweet man! So... I tore apart my CBST and I plan on makeing a light bearing kydex chunk for it. We'll see how that goes, its gonna be a pretty tight fit. I will no doubt need to punch new holes in the leather, but as much as Id hate to do that, it would be my ideal holster.

Actually you might not have to. I just had a great idea! How about make the kydex overlap itself where the screw holes are, then drill large enough holes ALL the way through. By doing this, you'd still have access to the screws for installation and removal, plus you'd gain the additional width to be able to shift the gun farther forward to clear the light. Does that make any sense? Let me know if it doesn't and I'll figure out how to draw what I have in mind. I was actually thinking about doing this for my MTAC just to see if I could.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    That is a damn good idea! I dont know what happens to the durability of horsehide when you leave open holes in it and wear it every day. Thanks for all of the help guys! I will take some pics when I finish this bad boy up.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Huh? Now I'm confused? ;) What I meant was drill holes all the way through the overlapped kydex so that you can still use the same mounting holes instead of drilling new ones, and it would give you the ability to have more room, though it may stick out a bit more.

MidwestBiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Nice. I was wondering how I was going to carry my Walter since I really didn't care for the holsters out there.

Top Bottom