Capitol Armory ad

Where can I sight in my pistol at 100 yards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull and want to sight in the scope at 100 yards. The Bullethole will not allow any pistols on the rifle line. Anyone know of a local civilian range where I can sight in my pistol?

Thanks in advance,

W

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    Most ranges will allow, but you must first demonstrate your skills (qualify). Even my bother-in-law who is a drill instructor for the Marines and was on the shooting team/ex-sniper had to qualify. Good Luck

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Bullethole has a zero tolerance policy involving pistols on the rifle line. I tried to do so today. They were very professional in letting me know. I will try A Place to Shoot.

W

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've done it at A Place To Shoot. Called today after I read your first post to confirm they still allowed it and the guy I spoke with said it would be OK as long as the weapon is controlled, whatever that means.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've done it at A Place To Shoot. Called today after I read your first post to confirm they still allowed it and the guy I spoke with said it would be OK as long as the weapon is controlled, whatever that means.

Down, pistol, Down! wooo here! Just a little more control and I won't have to bring the leash next time.

: )

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'll shoot 100 yard pistol at my place quite often and usually welcome guests to do the same. Lately I've been having to give some instruction first, as it seems a few people's understanding of ballistics has them point the pistol up at a 45 degree angle and quickly unload a mag over the berm.

Could be similar incidents at The Bullethole.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It's something everyone who carries should try.
    I have seen folks with a 2" 38 special Taurus and crimson trace grips shoot at 100 yds and even outshoot some rifles.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull and want to sight in the scope at 100 yards. The Bullethole will not allow any pistols on the rifle line. Anyone know of a local civilian range where I can sight in my pistol?

Thanks in advance,

W

Uhhhh...why? Uhhhh...are you actually going to hunt with it? I mean....go for it by all means....good shot.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'll shoot 100 yard pistol at my place quite often and usually welcome guests to do the same. Lately I've been having to give some instruction first, as it seems a few people's understanding of ballistics has them point the pistol up at a 45 degree angle and quickly unload a mag over the berm.

Could be similar incidents at The Bullethole.

So, is this the "reason" or at least one of them???

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    It's something everyone who carries should try.
    I have seen folks with a 2" 38 special Taurus and crimson trace grips shoot at 100 yds and even outshoot some rifles.

Everyone who carries should try? Well...ok....I guess for the same reason why a dog licks his balls too....yeah I guess because you can try 100. Do you think a defensive action involving a 100 yd shot would fly in court if you actually did it in the first place?....then claiming self defense? HA! NOT! Try murder! That would be a one way trip to the joint guaranteed! So your claim is not only baseless but, bordering on recklessness, and very few shooting ranges would allow it in the first place. Furthermore, CHL certification guidlines outline the criteria for self defensive actions and 100 yards is NOT one of them .

Ok...lemme get this straight. Be patient with me here, 'cause I may be a little slow... "a 2" .38 Taurus w/ Crimson Trace grips @100 yds" ......folks with "s" meaning plural.... "outshooting some rifles" with an "s" meaning plural....meaning you have seen this feat a number of times, right? Where? On TV? And who on these more than once occasions you claim was shooting the rifles that the 2" .38 Taurus w/ Crimson Trace grips @100 yds" outshot? People who were blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other?Were they just regular folks who seldom shoot firing rifles that were not sighted in being unable to hit the broadside of a barn?

Wow! What a claim! I may have been born at night but it sure as hell wasn't last night! In other words....BULLSHIT!!

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Why the confusion?

No confusion....'just not your common occurance. Now yes...I've a TC Contender Encore that I've shot 100yds with...being that it's more or less designed for those kind of shots. If you wanna practice proficiency, then ok too.

But in reality, are you really gonna attempt a 100 yard shot with a handgun in a "moment of truth" scenario? I mean...handguns are for close in situations....or so I've been taught in the past....but hey, I could be wrong too.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    /\/\.....wow, we have a winner in the "smiley" use competition.

Well brother, to be completely honest, I cannot recall the last time I saw a claim like that and perhaps the "moment" got me a bit carried away. Sorry 'bout that but, you gotta admit....that one is really out there, so to say.:patriot:

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Uhhhh...why? Uhhhh...are you actually going to hunt with it? I mean....go for it by all means....good shot.

I don't understand what is confusing about wanting to hunt with a handgun. Where I come from, Montana, it's common to hunt with large caliber handguns. I hope to be able try it on hogs around here.

W

Top Bottom