• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As Boerne is almost a suburb of San Antonio, I thought this would be appropriate here...

We heard that Wheeler's Feed in Boerne had expanded their gun section, so my son and I went out there yesterday to check it out. They've basically opened up a new store in their old warehouse, and the old store is an indoor archery range.

Here is the new storefront, now on the west side of the building...

IMAG0092_zpsba96c21d.jpg

And here is a picture of the gun section, taken from the front of the store. As you can see, there is a large selection of firearms...

IMAG0091_zpsff30b4fd.jpg

They also have a large archery section.

The staff there is very friendly, and they've expanded their business hours (they used to close at 2pm on Saturdays, now they are open until 5pm). They are also having a grand opening for the new store on Friday, 30 January. That might be worth checking out!

Cheers! M2
    Target Sports

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Man, I didn't have a clue about them. That would make a good little trip. First, stop at Bourbon St. in Leon Springs for lunch, and then out to Boerne.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I was there Wednesday afternoon unloading at the feed warehouse. Next time I go back I will go inside the new store. The old store had a good selection but the new one looks way better.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    It's turned into a really nice guns store, if you don't see it in the case on display, ask, they more than likely will have what you want in back, good selection and fair prices considering the level of service.

Dennis

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    I've bought a few firearms from them. Although not the cheapest, the customer service makes up for it. They also have a nice selection of optics.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Not the cheapest. I bought a AR upper from them (complete) and when I got home I noticed it was out of alignment (rail on the free float). It was an upper built for a customer that decided to go a different route. It should have never got to the display counter like that. The did fix it properly. And yes I did get it cheap, REAL cheap!!!

I looked at a Savage Trophy Hunter in .243 for my wife down there. It was in blue and it was $550 + tax. I got the same model only in SS from Buds to the to the house for $550, free ship and no tax.

I think they are a bit pricey, not sure if they will deal, but its a NICE place, good folks and time will tell...

Just S of them on the street behind, just opened is Bear Arms. Stopped by and they were stocking the shelves a few days ago. Done a little bus with them and thought they were really high, but that was then and now they are much bigger and better if the store is any indicator. Hope it works out or at least the competition will force prices down.

Margin on guns is not high. There is a fellow over in Fair Oaks who sells for 5% over his cost and he is a gunsmith...

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    And ... right around the corner, Bear Arms has just opened up a storefront. You could park at Wheeler's and walk to Bear Arms; they are that close. Don just moved into the new store this past Monday! Not quite the collection on display at Wheeler's but being that close in proximity, definitely worth a look for folks in the area.

http://beararmstexas.com/
    110 Industrial Drive
    Boerne, TX 78006

For the pawn store crowd, Money Mart Pawn is also in the same area. The selection is small and the prices are rather ridiculous -- hey, it's a pawn shop.

http://moneymartpawn.com/
    1595 S Main Ste Suite 115
    Boerne, TX 78006

Three gun places less than a mile from start to finish.

DWD

Badfish

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    San Antonio,TX
    Also JST Outfitters is up and running with an indoor 75yd range. 6-7 miles out 46 E just about even with the entrance to Covney Ranch. Super nice place and people.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As Boerne is almost a suburb of San Antonio, ...
    I suppose I should get back over that direction, just to drive any remaining romanticism from my youth out of my system. Y'see, when I grew up in Hondo, Boerne was in the middle of nowhere. I really should have a look and see how things have changed. I think that would probably cure me of wanting to go over there and "have a look" ever again.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I suppose I should get back over that direction, just to drive any remaining romanticism from my youth out of my system. Y'see, when I grew up in Hondo, Boerne was in the middle of nowhere. I really should have a look and see how things have changed. I think that would probably cure me of wanting to go over there and "have a look" ever again.
    I first came to Boerne in the mid 50's. Moved here 4 years ago last month and its changed so much in 4 years even I am having a hard time keeping up. Told my wife yesterday that its time to sell and get further, MUCH further out of town than we are.

Seeing more and more liberal crap. When I got here it was all F 350 dually trucks and cowboy boots n' hats. I have noticed fewer and fewer boots and hats in my travels in Boerne, in fact it beginning to look out of place, but won't change me none!

Top Bottom