DK Firearms

What's your favorite fixed blade under 5.5"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wendyZXZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    China Spring
    My favorites that fall within that range are my Randall number 8 and Randall number 11 knives.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg
    Texas SOT

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Hmm, I didn't know RAT is now Esee. The Esee-4 or 5 looks good. A little pricey, but that's not an issue if its really nice. I'll have to find one to handle... Seeing the RAT knives reminded me of Ontario. They've got some good looking knives out now that I haven't seen. The Nightstalker 4 looks good. A friend of mine is named Richard Ramirez, so I'll have to show that one to him, lol...

Some good suggestions on the thread. Keep 'em coming :)

Got a couple questions about the law, tho...

How is the blade length measured? Starting from where the handle ends or from where the sharpening begins? Is it diagonally to the point or measure to a line perpendicular to the point? On part "C" of the law... I've got some of these: SOG Throwing Knives. The Throwing Knife Form SOG Specialty Knives & Tools. I've put handles on them and just use them as regular knives. Are they illegal to carry since their original purpose was for throwing even though they are not suitable for that purpose now?

They will normaly give blade length and overall length.The blade is measured from tip of the blade to start of handle.I have a benchmade nimravus 4.5 blade 9.45 overall.

Murfdog

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Benchmade Nimravus

Blade Length: 4.50"
    Blade Thickness: 0.115"
    Blade Material: 154CM BT2 Coated
    Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
    Blade Style: Modified Tanto
    Weight: 6.20oz.
    Overall Length: 9.45"
    Closed Length: 9.45"
    Sheath Material: Nylon w/Belt Loop
    Benchmade Class: Black

140bk1lg.jpg

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I kinda like the seal pup. Handled one at Dick's the other day and it sure felt nice. Was disappointed to see that it wasn't made here in the states though. If I remember correctly, it was made in Vietnam.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So....would it be legal to carry these around if the blades are less that 5.5 inches?

In reading the legislation, it refers to bowie knives, but doesn't define that. Some of the definitions I've come across on the net could be used to describe many of these fixed blade knives. I have been planning on buying a SOG seal pup, but if I cannot carry it, that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Thoughts?

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    So....would it be legal to carry these around if the blades are less that 5.5 inches?

In reading the legislation, it refers to bowie knives, but doesn't define that. Some of the definitions I've come across on the net could be used to describe many of these fixed blade knives. I have been planning on buying a SOG seal pup, but if I cannot carry it, that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Thoughts?
    yes as long as the blade is no longer than 5.5".

as far as the seal pup goes, i could see how that could be interpreted as a bowie.

Top Bottom