Patriot Mobile

What's your favorite fixed blade under 5.5"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I saw a ZT at the toy store that I fell in love with today, but unfortunately it's a little over 5.5 inches. I can't see spending that kind of money on a knife that I can't even walk around with... I'm more of a pocket knife sort of guy, but have been wanting a decent fixed blade recently. Looking for something that's legal to carry and is good value (you get a lot for your money).

So... what are your favorite fixed blades?
    DK Firearms

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I really like the ESEE (formarly RAT Cutlery) blades, affordable, field tested and have a warranty that you wouldnt believe.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i kinda liek the Leek.
    i found one in a stairwell at Texas State. awesome.

carver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Waskom
    I like the Big Rock from Gerber.

Attachments

• gerber Big Rock..jpg
      gerber Big Rock..jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 196

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hmm, I didn't know RAT is now Esee. The Esee-4 or 5 looks good. A little pricey, but that's not an issue if its really nice. I'll have to find one to handle... Seeing the RAT knives reminded me of Ontario. They've got some good looking knives out now that I haven't seen. The Nightstalker 4 looks good. A friend of mine is named Richard Ramirez, so I'll have to show that one to him, lol...

Some good suggestions on the thread. Keep 'em coming :)

Got a couple questions about the law, tho...
    (6) "Illegal knife" means a:
    (A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
    (B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by
    being thrown;
    (C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto,
    and poniard;
    (D) sword; or
    (E) spear.

How is the blade length measured? Starting from where the handle ends or from where the sharpening begins? Is it diagonally to the point or measure to a line perpendicular to the point? On part "C" of the law... I've got some of these: http://sogknives.com/store/F04T.html. I've put handles on them and just use them as regular knives. Are they illegal to carry since their original purpose was for throwing even though they are not suitable for that purpose now?

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Hmm, I didn't know RAT is now Esee. The Esee-4 or 5 looks good. A little pricey, but that's not an issue if its really nice. I'll have to find one to handle... Seeing the RAT knives reminded me of Ontario. They've got some good looking knives out now that I haven't seen. The Nightstalker 4 looks good. A friend of mine is named Richard Ramirez, so I'll have to show that one to him, lol...

Some good suggestions on the thread. Keep 'em coming :)

Got a couple questions about the law, tho...

How is the blade length measured? Starting from where the handle ends or from where the sharpening begins? Is it diagonally to the point or measure to a line perpendicular to the point? On part "C" of the law... I've got some of these: SOG Throwing Knives. The Throwing Knife Form SOG Specialty Knives & Tools. I've put handles on them and just use them as regular knives. Are they illegal to carry since their original purpose was for throwing even though they are not suitable for that purpose now?
    i believe the blade is measured from the end of the handle, not just the sharpened portion.

kenjs1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Texas
    Bark River Canadian. Plenty of great looking choices and heck of a good skinner Oh- first post here- hi guys.

Top Bottom