• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    When I first got my concealed carry permit many years ago I started carrying a glock 19. I have had dalliances with 1911s, sig 365 and the 365XL, a 320 xcompact, Steyr M9a1, glock 32 and 30s, even went a couple of years carrying a glock 34 all the time. I just keep coming back to the Glock 19. Other than the 34 I just seem to shoot the 19 the best. My wife just told me I could buy a staccato if I choose too and I think I might just buy 3 more glock 19s. What is the one for yall that just never goes away??

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    G26, .38 Snubbie and PPK. They always seem to find their way back into the rotation. And each for particular reasons when they just fit the venue/situation or mode of dress.

I know you asked for ONE, but those 3 will always have a place in my little, bitty, sparsely occupied since the boating accident, safe!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    P365 is my favorite.
    Glock 26 is second choice.
    Glock 19 third choice.
    I carry the P365 about 80% of the time and the 2 Glocks the remaining 20%

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    My CCWs were a J frame .38, then a PPK. Only full sized gun I ever really carried much was a G-19.
    If I had to pick just one that has never one away, it would be the .38 for the shear versatility.That said, I want to be buried with my PPK. (Sentimental reasons)

VNK971

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Mico, TX
    This model 36 I got several years ago for $100. Pitting on both sides, and the blueing had been stripped, so I rust blued it. Action and barrel are fine. If I have to throw it on the ground it's no real loss.

Attachments

• 36r1.JPG
      36r1.JPG
      1.4 MB · Views: 81
    • 36la.JPG
      36la.JPG
      1.3 MB · Views: 78

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    For carry, it's still my Gen 1 Shield. I have thought about "modernizing" to a Shield plus or a P365 but I just shoo the Shield so well and it carries well that I can't bring myself to do it yet.

As far as just range duty, my S&W M59 makes every range trip. I usually bring my Model 27-2 but I'm out of ammo at the moment and haven't made more up.

I tried an M&p when they first came out but hated the trigger and sold it. Maybe I should look at one of the newer ones.

I have a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 M&P. The Gen 2 triggers are a vast improvement over the Gen 1 triggers. Not gritty, with a clean, distinctive break. It's still a striker fired gun so you're not getting a 1911 type trigger obviously but it's pretty good.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    God, to think about all the money I spent, the guns I sold/bought/traded trying to find *the* perfect carry gun for me. I've owned more Glock pistols than any other - with the Glock 17 and 19 being chief among them. The thing for me is that Glock ergos aren't perfect. The Gen 4s come close but still need work.

The M&P pistols have better ergonomics and I shoot them about as well or better than most Glocks. I did find a weird quirk - I literally was one of the people writing and pretty much begging Smith & Wesson to make a Glock 19 size version of the M&P - 4 inch barrel, shorter grip with 15 round mags vs the longer 17 rounders so you didn't have to use magazine extensions or floor plates to get a full firing grip. 10 years or so after the initial release of the 4.25" full size and 3.5" so-called Compacts - they put out the 2.0 line up. I pre-ordered the M2.0 Compact and had mine in-hands ASAP. I loved the trigger. I loved the gun's balance and ergos and the new grippier frame texture.

I was highly disappointed in its range performance. For all that they got right - the changes made to the frame left me cold. I shot the gen 1 guns better. The 2.0 had flippier muzzle and a different enough recoil impulse to be noticeable. My grouping with the 2.0 was worse. I wound up selling my dream gun and drifting back to the Glock for a while before building my dream gun out of a late Gen 1 4.25 inch. I chopped the grip to accommodate the factory 15 round magazines, and permanently installed the medium back strap, which I had stippled right after buying that particular gun. The Gen 1 grip texture is just too damn slippery, especially with sweaty or wet hands. I added some half-moon cutouts to assist in freeing stuck magazines. That was better.

I then swapped all of the compact magazine floor plates out with full size magazine floor plates. This gives you a lip that squeezes the grip fingers tighter and higher, as well as helping to control muzzle flip.

The last thing I had done was to have the slide cut and direct mounted a red dot sight.

I haven't shot much in the last year thanks to The Rona + moving down here. My pistol shooting is rusty but improving again.

I did just buy a Walther PDP to try out and we'll see if it becomes a regular carry gun. I need to get to the range and give it a go. I've liked the Walther pistols since my first P99.

Top Bottom