• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Today I drove back to Conroe to fix the error I made on form 4473. On the way home when I noticed the Leonna exit, and thought why can't they still be have the old Leonna shoot. Just the other day while having lunch with Dustin he brought the cafe up. Then I looked at my GPS and told myself no way am I driving that far just to eat.
    It's only about 30m for us. But the wait in line takes some of the fun out of it.

BennyNet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2024
    Boerne, TX
    Lamb Chops with impromptu salad

183637A0-B4E8-4EA6-96DC-D16F958EF254.jpeg
    EFEB26E4-A2D8-4C77-AB2B-4AFB7985C915.jpeg
    06F1DE98-1BB6-4FCE-9051-6E05D9FC1B1F.jpegD20D9AD6-F5F2-4110-86E1-4DC58F3B71EA.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It's only about 30m for us. But the wait in line takes some of the fun out of it.
    I heard only the steakhouse has the lines, but that’s just hearsay. I live in a restaurant desert. The Cafe at the cattle sales barn is the best closest place to eat for me, and it’s a30 minute drive. There’s the Old Gin on Wortham that good
    When I was still working every chance I got to grab marked down lamb I bought. Many a time after working Thanksgiving day I score lamb racks. I have fond memories of the wife going to her aunts & uncles, while I munched down on lamb with which ever did we had at the time. When she got home the smell of pan seared rib chops perfumed the house. She was always pissed that she had the family deal that she felt she had to go too.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I heard only the steakhouse has the lines, but that’s just hearsay
    Yes there is a line. First come first served, until they run out. The steak is worth it, but the line isn't my favorite part. When we went an older couple was in front of us in line, and apparently thought it was cool to "hold a place" for some family, which turned out to be 8 people. But I'm a stranger in a strange land, so whatever.
    Thursday is fish and Friday and Saturday are steak. We were considering going for the fish tonight, but the wife started feeling off, so I just grilled up some fajitas and called it even..

BennyNet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2024
    Boerne, TX
    Yes there is a line. First come first served, until they run out. The steak is worth it, but the line isn't my favorite part. When we went an older couple was in front of us in line, and apparently thought it was cool to "hold a place" for some family, which turned out to be 8 people. But I'm a stranger in a strange land, so whatever.
    Thursday is fish and Friday and Saturday are steak. We were considering going for the fish tonight, but the wife started feeling off, so I just grilled up some fajitas and called it even..

Where is this place?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The Leona General Store. In Leona Tx. About an hour North of Conroe on 45..
    Some people have argued it's "the best" steak in Texas.
    Best steak in a restaurant in Texas IMHO is at Pappas Steak house in Houston. It’s rare that I order steak as I cook plenty of them at home. Now that the wife of gone I seldom make any sides, at most I’ll do mushrooms.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Best steak in a restaurant in Texas IMHO is at Pappas Steak house in Houston. It’s rare that I order steak as I cook plenty of them at home. Now that the wife of gone I seldom make any sides, at most I’ll do mushrooms.
    I had a Filet at the Taste of Texas in Houston, and it was good. But I'll guarantee Leona is the best steak I'VE had in Texas. But I haven't had a ton yet.. They serve an old fashioned steak. Mine was supposed to be 12oz, it was probably closer to 20oz. A guy at our table ordered a 40ozer, and I'd say it was bigger than that. There isn't much for ambiance, but the steak is phenomenal..

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had a Filet at the Taste of Texas in Houston, and it was good. But I'll guarantee Leona is the best steak I'VE had in Texas. But I haven't had a ton yet.. They serve an old fashioned steak. Mine was supposed to be 12oz, it was probably closer to 20oz. A guy at our table ordered a 40ozer, and I'd say it was bigger than that. There isn't much for ambiance, but the steak is phenomenal..
    Taste of Texas is a good place to take out of towners. Bonnie’s Beef & Bird on 45 was better in my opinion. Taste of Texas is all about turning over tables. Fleming’s, Vic & Anthony’s, The Palm were better the Taste of Texas.

Top Bottom