• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I was wondering if any of you guys had any info on some good books. I am looking for a few good fiction books. To be more specific, I am looking for some real life navy seal, crazy Iraq type stuff. Or anything that you think is a must read.

THANKS!
    Texas SOT

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Lately, I've been digging just about anything form Cormak Mccarthy. You won't find a lot of modern weapons stuff, but hid novels are definitely strong on the action front. And he's an amazing writer. He's also got quite a bit of good Texas history, mixed in there. Try 'Blood Meridian'.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Lately, I've been digging just about anything form Cormak Mccarthy. You won't find a lot of modern weapons stuff, but hid novels are definitely strong on the action front. And he's an amazing writer. He's also got quite a bit of good Texas history, mixed in there. Try 'Blood Meridian'.

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1psREmCqBAqKk1NiC9lB8snN5tzD7glqrmRo3CJjG2c7KIkf2FIyE5hGEF5JrhcAUIHhG6FwykaH85_c7CGtcLoQ/McCarthy%2C%20Cormac%20-%20%20%20-%20Blood%20meridian%20or%20the%20evening%20redness%20in%20the%20West.epub?download
    a few more:
    http://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ac - - No Country for Old Men.epub?download
    http://public.bay.livefilestore.com...McCarthy, Cormac - - The road.epub?download

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I consider "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross a must read for anyone interested in American gun history. It is fiction, with true gun history mixed in. Some parts are a little slow as the story builds the characters, but the information is mind boggling. He wrote the book to teach gun history without having to write a documentary. It is a big long novel, and I have read it three times.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Last of a Breed, by Louis Lamour.

One of my all time favorites, not really Iraqi or navy, but a lot of fun.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Patriots by Rawles. Just finished reading it a couple of weeks ago, really good book and will get you thinking.

Retreat, Hell - good military book i read a while back.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Patriots by Rawles. Just finished reading it a couple of weeks ago, really good book and will get you thinking.

Nooo, patriots is horribly written and filled with a lot of misinformation. If you want something better, read lights out by david crawford.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Good fiction espionage, spec ops, even some seals.
    Vince Flynn,start with term limits and go from there.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Nooo, patriots is horribly written and filled with a lot of misinformation. If you want something better, read lights out by david crawford.

I liked it, We all have different tastes, I am not much of a reader but i get bored at work so i read. I am a big post apoc, SHTF style person so to me it was a good read

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    The ROAD
    no country for old men

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    To go along with Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series; try Brad Thor's books. Similar type character and good story lines. Plenty of action in either series.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good fiction espionage, spec ops, even some seals.
    Vince Flynn,start with term limits and go from there.

This!

Monster Hunter International was a very good read, though along different lines. For non-fiction, I just read Last Stand of Fox Company on a trip recently. It's about the company of Marines who held a pass open that allowed US forces to quit the Chosin Reservoir in Korea. That company held for a week against three Chinese brigades in 20 below zero weather. Just amazing.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx

Just ordered Patriots

"The Gift of Fear" Gavin Debecker....couldn't put it down...

Ordered this one!

I will probably get Term Limits before the day is up.

Thanks guys, I knew that you gunnies would come through!

Top Bottom