• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Today I was at my favorite gunshop, and spotted something I didn't know I was wanting . It was a Used Ruger Blackhawk Conv 45 Colt/ACP, both cylinders, no box or manuals (very good condition). As I typically do, I got excited and put the gun in layaway (without coming home and researching it first). And there is a 10% restocking fee if I change my mind. Tonight I was researching and found the exact same gun, new, in the box, both cylinders, and manuals. by the time you add shipping and local FFL fees, and the 10% restocking fee, it is probebly 100 bucks more than the one I put in layaway. My question is...how much is "new" worth? is LNIB worth a 100 bucks more than a nicely (seemingly) kept gun without the extras? Watcha think?
    DK Firearms

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    I'd try to download a manual if you need it. To me the box wouldn't be worth the cost, to me they just always seem to get in the way.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I'd try to download a manual if you need it. To me the box wouldn't be worth the cost, to me they just always seem to get in the way.

I would love to just throw my boxes away but you just never know when you may sell something and they do help the value but not 100 bucks worth and my manuals never get looked at anymore.

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    I would love to just throw my boxes away but you just never know when you may sell something and they do help the value but not 100 bucks worth and my manuals never get looked at anymore.

Same here, have never sold a gun but you never know what will happen. It's the only reason I keep the boxes

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Well, I descided that I feel like, when I placed it in layaway I made a gentleman's agreement. So I am going to support the Powderhorn like I have been. These guy's alway's stop and explain things I need to know, even if I am not buying that day. That's hard to find nowadays.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    this is what i traded. perfect condition... box and papers

2jdq4ch.jpg

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Well, I descided that I feel like, when I placed it in layaway I made a gentleman's agreement. So I am going to support the Powderhorn like I have been. These guy's alway's stop and explain things I need to know, even if I am not buying that day. That's hard to find nowadays.

Congratulations, I am sure you will enjoy it. Good customer service is always a plus.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    No that's not the one I got. But it wish it had been...lol

Small world :) It was a great gun, and it was SO accurate it was hard to get rid of. I really did enjoy shooting the .45 acp out of it but the loads i expected more "BANG" from the .45 colt. I really wanted something powerful and it was just a let down... i was trying to get into big bore guns and it was a good deal that tempted me and i did it. But it was a perfect gun :)

JOe

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've dealt with 'em since the 70's - back when old man Day was still alive. David and I kinda grew up together - I spent so much time in that place over the years!

Top Bottom