Hurley's Gold

What would most influence you to buy a new rifle or shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I just bought a used Rem 870 14 inch police trade-in SBS for a ridiculously cheap price. Never wanted one until I saw the price.

And, there is an AR shop I frequent but normally do not buy much from. Until they told me about 90 day layaway.....now I have several uppers and an EoTech from them.It is easier to break it to my wife over 3 months of embezzlement than dropping 600 bucks at one time.
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just bought a used Rem 870 14 inch police trade-in SBS for a ridiculously cheap price. Never wanted one until I saw the price.
    From GTs? They had some recently for really cheap. Had one 1100 SBS, too. I was VERY tempted, decided I needed to sleep on it, went back and they were all sold, lol... I don't really need one anyways. The cost of doing a trust and transfer makes it not so cheap anymore.

Which AR shop are you talking about?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    From GTs? They had some recently for really cheap. Had one 1100 SBS, too. I was VERY tempted, decided I needed to sleep on it, went back and they were all sold, lol... I don't really need one anyways. The cost of doing a trust and transfer makes it not so cheap anymore.

+1

would love to find a sbs for a reasonable price. seeing as how it would cost over half the cost of the original shotgun to make my own...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County

Yeah I got the 870 from GT's...the last one they had in stock. And GDS is the AR shop I am referring to.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    +1 for a good price, I generally have an idea what I'm looking for so a good price on the item would seal it.

That said if it was full price but there was incentives the only thing that would get me is a nice holster for said item.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    A ten punch punch card. You have two years to punch all ten holes. When you do so, you get a free gun up to the price of your lowest priced gun you purchased or that amount off on another. As a former ffl I doubt it would work as I was lucky to make 10% a gun.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    This has influenced the hell out of me lately.

Serbu-Super_Shorty_870.jpg

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    To the original question though, I'll have to agree with several others here about the price.
    For instance: You can see something at Academy or Cabela's for a certain price, but you can almost always find it for cheaper at a regular gun shop (Reds, McBrides, etc.). The only other thing that may influence me is if I got a heavy discount on some accessory, such as a holster, sling, magazines, etc.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.

I would vote for best price--low dollars- the other perks really don't do much for me.

Top Bottom