What skills do you have that make you valuable post-shtf?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I figure tobacco for more barter than personal use. And who knows, you might get a premium if you pre roll them for your customers.

My great grandfather grew his own tobacco here on the farm back in the day. Some for his personal use and some he sold.

From what I have read, tobacco isn't the easiest crop to grow either. But in a SHTF event, it could be a very valuable commodity just like alcohol.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My great grandfather grew his own tobacco here on the farm back in the day. Some for his personal use and some he sold.

From what I have read, tobacco isn't the easiest crop to grow either. But in a SHTF event, it could be a very valuable commodity just like alcohol.
    Growing weed would handle 2 birds with one stone, besides my yard proves weeds are very easy grow!

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Top Gun Shoot.JPG

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Trust me, they are not over-rated! People leave grumpy old people alone. And for the most part, I don't like most people!

I like the saying, "The more I'm around my dog, the less I like people!"
    But you dog got knocked up. If she had only practiced safe sex. I admit it can be dangerous getting a dog to stop long enough to put a condom on him, but there are consequences as you see in your back yard.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I'm a computer nerd & EE by schooling and trade. That'll probably be useful.
    Also a bit of a jack of all trades, DIY sort of person as much as I can be. Work on my own cars, house, that sort of thing.
    I'm also probably the perfect chubby for a good BBQ if we go all Donner Pass on this bitch.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IF there ever was a SHTF event, the more skills a person has, increases their odds of surviving. If a group of people have decided to band together to ensure survival, the more skills a person has could make them more valuable to that community.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm a computer nerd & EE by schooling and trade. That'll probably be useful.
    Also a bit of a jack of all trades, DIY sort of person as much as I can be. Work on my own cars, house, that sort of thing.
    I'm also probably the perfect chubby for a good BBQ if we go all Donner Pass on this bitch.
    You sound like another me.

Top Bottom