What signs will bar entry to a business for CC person if legislation passes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have gone through the entire legislation and still do not see what signs will have to be posted to keep someone carrying without a LTC from entry, assuming we get CC. We know for those with LTC it is 30.06/07, 51% TABC, but what will notice be for those without a LTC? Gun-buster sign, no weapons allowed, etc.? I know that the legislation says verbal or written personal communication but specifically, does anyone have any idea of what will have to be on the door to keep a non-LTC holder from entry with a handgun? Are we going to see a ton of gun buster signs?

If this has been covered before I apologize now.
    Capitol Armory ad

Random Vato

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2021
    Austin
    There will now be 30.05 signs. Property owners will need to post three signs to keep LTC and non-LTC people from carrying. The 30.06 & 30.07 signs will still only be for license holders. This is a good thing.

Things may get interesting as many people do not know that 30.06 & 30.07 signs currently exist. I wonder if (and how much) the media will bring attention to 30.05 signs. Also some gun free places, that may not be obvious to everyone they’re gun free by law, do not need to post these signs. Most people find out about all this when they take the LTC class.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There will now be 30.05 signs. Property owners will need to post three signs to keep LTC and non-LTC people from carrying. The 30.06 & 30.07 signs will still only be for license holders. This is a good thing.

Things may get interesting as many people do not know that 30.06 & 30.07 signs currently exist. I wonder if (and how much) the media will bring attention to 30.05 signs. Also some gun free places, that may not be obvious to everyone they’re gun free by law, do not need to post these signs. Most people find out about all this when they take the LTC class.

Welcome to the Forum!

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I have gone through the entire legislation and still do not see what signs will have to be posted to keep someone carrying without a LTC from entry, assuming we get CC. We know for those with LTC it is 30.06/07, 51% TABC, but what will notice be for those without a LTC? Gun-buster sign, no weapons allowed, etc.? I know that the legislation says verbal or written personal communication but specifically, does anyone have any idea of what will have to be on the door to keep a non-LTC holder from entry with a handgun? Are we going to see a ton of gun buster signs?

If this has been covered before I apologize now.

Here is what the HRO bill analysis says. But this was written back in April. Not sure how the final text of the bill will, or will not address the issue of signs.
    Signage. The bill would not create a burden for business and property owners who wish to prohibit the carrying of a handgun on their premises under the bill. As the bill simply would treat handguns in a manner similar to the manner that rifles and long guns are currently treated under state law, the notification provisions under the criminal trespass law would be sufficient to communicate that entry by a person carrying a handgun without permit was prohibited. For example, an effective sign could be as simple as a picture of a gun with a prohibition symbol over it.

But if I interpreted the final bill correctly, the provision in the Alcoholic Beverage Code requiring the blue signs will be rescinded. I wonder if the TBAC will be forceful in making retail establishments take those down.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    1621898613257.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    §30.05 is general criminal trespass, I don't see how it could be applied strictly to Constitutional Carry.

However, the "gunbusters" sign is not the road we want to go down!

I believe it would be better to revise §30.06/30.07 to include those who Constitutional Carry in addition to LTC holders.

I don't see a need to treat those who carry without a permit differently than those who do!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    §30.05 is general criminal trespass, I don't see how it could be applied strictly to Constitutional Carry.

However, the "gunbusters" sign is not the road we want to go down!

I believe it would be better to revise §30.06/30.07 to include those who Constitutional Carry in addition to LTC holders.

I don't see a need to treat those who carry without a permit differently than those who do!

HB 1927 adds language to TPC 30.05 authorizing a sign prohibiting firearms (not handguns) with 1” letters, in English and Spanish. LTC is a defense to prosecution under that subsection of the code.

Top Bottom