20.5 mpg highway
    17 mpg in stop and go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    A friend from college sold me a '95 GMC Yukon for ten bucks. He told me it gets 14 mpg. I dunno if thats supposed to be city or combined. I hope its not highway.
    At least I have a vehicle again.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    A friend from college sold me a '95 GMC Yukon for ten bucks. He told me it gets 14 mpg. I dunno if thats supposed to be city or combined. I hope its not highway.
    At least I have a vehicle again.

dude you got a vehicle for ten bucks and you wanna complain about mpg. thats a smokin deal i wouldnt give a rats lol. 14 aint that bad. you could probably tune it up some and squeeze a few more out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The bike has been getting 27mpg. :p Better than my primary car, but I've got a couple others in the fleet that will match or best that.

Vash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    dude you got a vehicle for ten bucks and you wanna complain about mpg. thats a smokin deal i wouldnt give a rats lol. 14 aint that bad. you could probably tune it up some and squeeze a few more out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I can, and will, bitch about it until my lips fall off.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Texas
    I have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline. It's, AWD plus FWD, trailer and tow package. Hondas big V6 with all the bells and whistles.. I get 18 in town, 21 HWY, and 14 towing.

4b6fee06-8b84-7c36.jpg
    4b6fee06-8ba8-0c5d.jpg

Vash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Want to double your money?

I need it too bad. Its pretty beat up. Most of the doors don't lock. It's dinged. The paint is peeling off, and its got over 189000 miles on it. He did get a 'new' engine put in it recently. Dunno how many miles are on the 'new' engine.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    icon1.png
    Re: What kind of mileage do you get?

I've been paying more attention to MPG since the gas prices have been higher so I'll update my previous post.

Toyota Corolla. Keeps knocking out a consistent 29.8 to 29.9 MPG in all around city/high way driving. Can't seem to hit 30mpg. The best the car did was 34MPG at 70 mph with the A/C on and windows up. If I dropped to 60 MPH, it may hit 35 mpg.

Jeep Wrangler 4.0 six cylinder, five speed and hard top. It gets about 17mpg. That's not gonna change unless I drive a lot slower. Speed is the major factor as there is NO streamlining on the Wrangler. It has the aerodynamics of a concrete block!

Harley XL1200C I rode to Beaumont and back at 60-70 MPH and the Harley got 38.9 MPG. Switched to reserve at 107 miles. The bike is pretty well broken in now but when I got it, the odometer only had 100 miles on it. I ride a combination of Highway and in town and it's been getting 36-40 MPG consistently. It has a windshield and I'm a heavy rider. It does make a difference.

Schwinn Hybrid bicycle...........0 mpg. Maybe we need to rate it on "miles to the taco."

Flash

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Gas mileage? In 1976 I drove a 1972 Plymouth 'Cuda with a 340 CID engine to high school. I made minimum wage ($2.30) at a part time job and paid $1.59 a gallon for gas. Since I street raced extensively and cruised all of the hot spots for girls with questionable morality, I burned a tank of gas to go to school during the week, and close to two tanks of gas over the weekend.

Today, I have a 2012 Challenger R/T with a 345 CID Hemi engine and I burn a tank of gas to go to work, plus a few gallons to a tank of gas or so to do other things on the weekend. I pay less than $4.00 a gallon. $1.59 in 1976 dollars is comparable to $6.41 in 2012 dollars CPI Inflation Calculator Given that I make substantially more than minimum wage now, and pay comparatively substantially less per gallon, I'm happy.

In other words, my gas mileage is: I DON'T GIVE A S$%*. I sincerely do not care. Pretty much anything I get is better than what I got in high school.

Oh, and by the way, while you're striving to squeeze every last foot out of your gasoline, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! State Law: Slower traffic keep right. This means get the hell out of the way if someone wants to pass.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I wish I could get a car but Im too tall. I want my brother in laws 730hp mustang hes selling, or an STI

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    .......and cruised all of the hot spots for girls with questionable morality....

How's that new car working on the lady situation? All of the girls who lived wild and free with the "new" birth control pills seem to be happily settled into the wife, mother and grandmother role. It was a great time and I sampled the "free love" at every opportunity! My phone rang and I'd hear "Flash why don't you come over for a nice platonic F...."

Yup....those were good times!

Ladies today are gold diggers who whine and gripe a lot. You touch them and they own you. Things sure have changed!

Flash

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    04 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 4x2 - I avg 17 mpg - but not too bad since it has 145,XXX on the clock

looking to get rid of it and get a Jetta Sportwagen TDI though

Top Bottom