• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    with the recent unrest I have been carrying an XD-9 Tactical with 2 spare 16 round magazines in an inexpensive shoulder holster. Because of my robust girth this is easy to conceal. I considered dual carry, but I could not locate my dual carry shoulder rig. Moved around to often in recent years.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    S&W 469 R side.jpg

I've been carrying this S&W 469 for the past couple of weeks.

It's a high capacity double stack GenII 9mm pistol from back in the 80's
    Hammer fired with a long double action trigger and decocker with manual safety.
    Alloy frame with a 3.5" barrel, carries real nice IWB.

Attachments

• S&W 469 R side.jpg
      S&W 469 R side.jpg
      767.5 KB · Views: 721

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    View attachment 216973

The 469 was the original compact Wonder 9 and still among the best.

standard.jpg

Attachments

• standard.jpg
      standard.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 703

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Mitch Rosen rear guard.
    It's very difficult to build a holster that actually works for that pistol. If you could say a few words about the initial quality and retention and what you expect in the future, I'd be much obliged.

Also, what was your selection process? I know people tend to want a DelFatti for their squeeze-cockers but I won't abide by the wait times; he's up to 5 years to get one of his holsters.

I ask this because I'm considering changing my EDC to my H&K P7 PSP but finding a confidence-inspiring holster isn't easy. I was disappointed in a couple of holsters and sorta gave up but now I'm swinging around to looking again.

Last question - Did you consider any OWB designs? That's the direction I'm looking.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    View attachment 216973

I like those old S&W semi autos. But, I see you have some shade tree mechanic work done on it with that phillips head screw holding the safety :)

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I like those old S&W semi autos. But, I see you have some shade tree mechanic work done on it with that phillips head screw holding the safety :)

I would sure like just a strong side safety only so I have been looking and trying to learn. I know they did make a single side safety....but I'm seeing a ton of ambi ones with the same screw as mine on the right side. Even the 669, a stainless version has a stainless phillips head screw on most of the ones I've seen.

It does look like some scabbed up job , I agree.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The early Second-Gen 59's & 69's had screws like that from the factory. I think it persisted until almost the Third-Gen release. A blemish on an otherwise handsome pistol, IMHO....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It's very difficult to build a holster that actually works for that pistol. If you could say a few words about the initial quality and retention and what you expect in the future, I'd be much obliged.

Also, what was your selection process? I know people tend to want a DelFatti for their squeeze-cockers but I won't abide by the wait times; he's up to 5 years to get one of his holsters.

I ask this because I'm considering changing my EDC to my H&K P7 PSP but finding a confidence-inspiring holster isn't easy. I was disappointed in a couple of holsters and sorta gave up but now I'm swinging around to looking again.

Last question - Did you consider any OWB designs? That's the direction I'm looking.

The main thing with me on IWB holsters is comfort. I'm active running around all the time at work and home. Jumping in and out of my truck. So the main issue is something that I buckle up with and not be completely uncomfortable with. It carries pretty nice too with decent retention, not as good as some kydex holsters but good for leather. The quality is very good on the Rosen, it's my only one of his so it's limited.

Honestly Del Fatti is at the top of the list but like you I couldn't commit to the 2+ years and 200+ dollars, that combination killed it, so I've been waiting to strike on the rare occasion that a used one pops up. I've been eyeing a black Versa Max 2 that I hear are the next best thing.

On OWB, I used to carry it in a generic pancake holster when I was on my land but I've gone to the VP9 for OWB method.

So in the end, it's kind of a compromise for me. Comfort versus quick access. My draw is a little slower from the rear but is a good trade off for comfort.....at least for my body type. 6'3" 225 It conceals really well there and I can barely feel it at times.
    I would like to try a VM2 or a Del Fatti at least for weekend leisure carry when I'm not running like crazy.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for the insight.

One side note...
    Del Fatti is at the top of the list but like you I couldn't commit to the 2+ years
    ...is that it's no longer a 2 year wait. DelFatti keeps a counter on his web site and keeps it updated. (The site doesn't look like anyone updates it until you dig a little and notice the details.)

He's currently working on orders received in 2015.

Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    I thought the first rule of concealed carry is.........don't discuss concealed carry :roflfunny:
    I am usually on the bike.......99.9% of the time I have a S&W 638 5 shot revolver stuffed in a Fobus ankle holster. It is the most comfortable conceal carry I can come up with. I will trade off accessibility for comfort.......It is always there.....it is always comfortable. I chose the revolver because it always works.....no fear of loosing the magazine going down the road......and I don't worry about dirt/dust/rain disabling the gun. I carry a couple of speed loaders in my vest just in case........I also have DeSantis clip grips installed. If I feel I need the handgun to be more accessible I will take it out of the ankle holster and stick it in my waistband.....super accessible at that point.

Just how I roll

HardRock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    What is everybody concealing in here. Is it the same all year? Mine is a Kimber, all year. If I need more than 9 rounds I was bad place to begin with.
    I go back and forth between my colt defender 9mm and my iver johnson thrasher 45acp

Attachments

• 20201206_042609.jpg
      20201206_042609.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 134
    • 20201206_042600.jpg
      20201206_042600.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 136
    • 20201201_175816.jpg
      20201201_175816.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 143
    • 20201201_175831.jpg
      20201201_175831.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 130

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TO ALL,

As "muscle memory" in a "life or death emergency" MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE, I recommend carrying THE SAME HANDGUN & HOLSTER every day. = PICK ONE HANDGUN/RIG that you prefer/trust/shoot well & stick with it 24/365.

JUST MY OPINION.

yours, satx
    USAMPR, Retired

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    TO ALL,

As "muscle memory" in a "life or death emergency" MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE, I recommend carrying THE SAME HANDGUN & HOLSTER every day. = PICK ONE HANDGUN/RIG that you prefer/trust/shoot well & stick with it 24/365.

JUST MY OPINION.

yours, satx
    USAMPR, Retired

Maybe, or be familiar and practice with both, and don’t fear so much as to miss opportunities to try something new.

If I applied this to aviation I’d have missed out on flying some good planes.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe, or be familiar and practice with both, and don’t fear so much as to miss opportunities to try something new.

If I applied this to aviation I’d have missed out on flying some good planes.

Rhino,

While you MAY BE CORRECT, I would guess that a pilot (I am NOT a pilot, though I took a FEW lessons.) who was taught fly ONE sort of airplane & flew that sort exclusively might get to be THE BEST at flying that ONE SORT of aircraft.

At "the tender age of 74YY", I'm seriously considering buying a TaylorCraft BC12D & getting my SPORT PILOT LICENSE, while I'm still young enough to enjoy learning to fly a light plane..
    (I've spent a lot of time as a passenger in my buddy's "Tea-Cart" & liked its simplicity/relatively low cost/ease of maintenance/etc..)

yours, satx

Top Bottom