• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Two from Texas.
    Damn.
    And the dude at stripes in Clovis today, double parked in a handicapped space with a trailer(I had a trailer too and parked far from the building) had Texas plates.
    WtF is happening to my state?

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Ain't funny.
    Not one damned bit.

I think it's funny as hell. Thieving bastards finally got caught. Now they are going to be convicted felons. They'll lose the right to vote, the right to own a firearm, and their FFL. They'll lose their quality of life. Piss on 'em. They deserve the misery that's coming to them. Thievery is the lazy man's way of earning a living. The joke is on them.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I think it's funny as hell. Thieving bastards finally got caught. Now they are going to be convicted felons. They'll lose the right to vote, the right to own a firearm, and their FFL. They'll lose their quality of life. Piss on 'em. They deserve the misery that's coming to them. Thievery is the lazy man's way of earning a living. The joke is on them.

Bloomberg is laughing.
    I ain't.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    I completely understand where you are coming from with the political slant that could be generated by that idiot Bloomberg. But theft is theft. There is no gray area. I'm happy that they got found out and arrested.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Thieves deserve to be caught and prosecuted.
    But being gun owners and dealers sheds a bad light upon us all.
    That's my issue with it.

Had they been liberal gun haters, I'd be laughing too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ain't laughing either. Thieves deserve to be punished, but the left will spin it as an indication of how criminal the gun trade is in general. Not the honesty of other individuals. Proof of a legal loophole that needs to be closed.
    They won't see it as policeing our own.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A neighbor of mine owns a couple of small businesses and he told me once that the one thing he could never tolerate was a thief. He said, "A thief always justifies in his mind that it's ok to steal. Either he believes he deserves it or you don't or both. They think everybody steals. No matter how small an amount they steal from you, they've gotta go because they will never stop stealing."

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At one time, my mom, a custom jewelry maker, would do private showing for groups of people. She's take a few boxes of her wares to upper-middle to high income households where the host would invite her friends for a small party. All the people there would be known to the host.

I don't think she ever went to a single event where less than a couple of pieces didn't get stolen. Mostly, she made far more money on each showing than the theft cost her so she continued to do it for a while. However, at one party some $6K worth of inventory was stolen and the attitude of the woman hosting was "If you allowed it to be stolen, you don't deserve to keep it." She stopped doing the private shows.

I find it amazing how many people you would think you could trust just seem to have some sort of blind spot about some truly nefarious behavior. It's legally/morally/ethically wrong but they do it anyway and it just doesn't seem to register with them that they did a bad thing.

That attitude is the only thing I can think of to explain how a dealer could ever consider just walking over to the table of another dealer, picking up a $22K rifle, and walking away with it. Something in their brain is short-circuited and not functioning.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This really sucks for our hobby. Not that shitbags aren't everywhere, but it really sucks that they are dealers. Well, were dealers.

rimmer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    wisconsin
    Nothing compares to what is stolen by politicians everyday in washington because they think whats ours is theirs. When will they be tried and sentenced?

Top Bottom