Venture Surplus ad

What is a Ghost Connector supposed to do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm new to Glocks... Recently picked up a gen4 G17 and installed a Ghost EDGE 3.5 Trigger Kit in it. At first I used the 6lb firing pin spring and could not feel any difference at all from the factory trigger. I then swapped in the 4lb firing pin spring, and yeah the pull was a little lighter, but the quality of the trigger felt no different. What the heck are these things supposed to actually do?

For reference, you put even the basic Apex kit in an M&P and you can easily feel the difference over stock.

Ghost-Connector-EDGETKredesigned__07555.1494355930.1280.1280.png
    DK Firearms

Toni77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Less trigger pull.
    You can measure it with a gauge.

Not sure about the springs though

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    The connectors in Glocks are responsible for different pull weights by making use of different leverages and longer or shorter ways to travel. Changing to a different connector of a reputable brand will not compromise reliability but the firing pin springs have a huge influence on reliability.

The best trigger that I have in one of my Glocks is a Vanek trigger unit and it came with several fp, or rather striker, springs. The lightest will lead to light strikes with harder primers.

jimirwin2023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Dallas
    I'm new to Glocks... Recently picked up a gen4 G17 and installed a Ghost EDGE 3.5 Trigger Kit in it. At first I used the 6lb firing pin spring and could not feel any difference at all from the factory trigger. I then swapped in the 4lb firing pin spring, and yeah the pull was a little lighter, but the quality of the trigger felt no different. What the heck are these things supposed to actually do?

For reference, you put even the basic Apex kit in an M&P and you can easily feel the difference over stock.

View attachment 155466
    There is much more to know and do to get a best trigger pull on a Glock. What I know I learned from Ghost. I've installed trigger kits, connectors, etc and know what to do. And can't/won't even try to tell anyone else how to do it. Takes skill and feel. But it ain't hard to do. I recommend the 3.3 Pro kit from Ghost, and this takes some tuning/trimming to get the best result from it. There are some "secrets".

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Less trigger pull.
    You can measure it with a gauge.
    Yeah... Lets. Get. Empirical.

I put the factory striker spring back in, but left the 6lb trigger spring and reduced power firing pin safety spring from the Ghost kit in the gun. I swapped between the factory and Ghost connector a few times to see the difference. The Ghost connector was almost 1.5lb lighter than the factory one, but there was no significant difference in the trigger travel. Strictly speaking this is just "lighter"; not "less" ;)

Subjectively, the take up on the factory connector was lighter and the "wall" before breaking was much more distinct. With the Ghost connector the wall sort of blended into the take up.

46124821661_54f1428435_k.jpg

32253706018_0919b55892_h.jpg

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've installed trigger kits, connectors, etc and know what to do. And can't/won't even try to tell anyone else how to do it.
    Why?

I recommend the 3.3 Pro kit from Ghost, and this takes some tuning/trimming to get the best result from it.
    Looking at their product line I was thinking I might have wanted their EVO ELITE 3.5 as they claim it alters some of the travel, but after the mediocre performance of this Edge connector I wonder if it's just another way to get another $36 out of me.

There are some "secrets".
    Please share, or at least provide some required reading to get me started.

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    IMO. If you hate the gun so much that you need to install all those aftermarket parts, you should sell it.

However I do usually use LWD connectors and trigger springs. https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=922612

There is also a factory Glock "-" connector that will lighten the pull

What makes you believe that someone has to hate a gun to try to improve it? At some time I had a dozen Glocks and none was completely stock. I did not try to improve the trigger pull because I hated Glocks and continued making the mistake buying them but to change them to my personal preferences and to nix the ill effects of a factory trigger that was designed with lawyers and law suits in mind, not the shooter.

I became a member of Glocktalk in early 2001 and read the Ptooma productions Glock manual and consider the Glock pistol one of those firearms platforms that you can pour endless money into with aftermarket product that will have a diminshing return. Unlike Cannonball I find it an extremely easy to work on firearm, even when compared to a 1911 and fitting their parts.

Today I am using mostly the 3.5lb factory connector plus various nightsights and leave the striker springs and recoil springs stock

Last edited:

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What makes you believe that someone has to hate a gun to try to improve it?

He just bought a new Glock and then installed this Ghost spring kit. Does't like it, and is considering buying a more expensive aftermarket connector. Sounds to me like he's unhappy with the Glock system.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I installed a LWD 3.5 connector and 6 lb. trigger spring in my Gen 2 Glock 17. Lowered the trigger pull by ½ lb. to 5½ lbs. Not sure if it improved take up or reset. Still has that sort of mushy Glock trigger feel to it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    To each his own.

I have a 3.5 lb. connector on my cc g19.

After some years using this connector, I prefer the stock trigger.

3.5 is ok, but 5.5 is now what I prefer.

How can I tell? There's a stock g19 in the mix.

I like a little more trigger pull now.

why? hell, I don't really know.

It just feels better somehow.........

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    IMO. If you hate the gun so much that you need to install all those aftermarket parts, you should sell it.
    He just bought a new Glock and then installed this Ghost spring kit. Does't like it, and is considering buying a more expensive aftermarket connector. Sounds to me like he's unhappy with the Glock system.
    :laughing: Sorry if I pissed in your Cheerios.

I like trying new things out. Tried the most popular aftermarket upgrade for Glocks and found I actually liked it stock better. Oh well... Thanks for the advice on leaving the firing pin spring stock.

Top Bottom