What I like to call "Dichotomy Day" at the range...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I usually take just two guns to the range at a time. One rimfire, one centerfire. Sometimes in my range rotation I like to put these two together. The smallest I've got, and the biggest. It was a lot of fun! I'll be shooting this pair for a few weeks. (S&W Model 63, S&W Model 657).

20241003_105202.jpg

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Not familiar with the 657, is that a 41 magnum?

Yes, the stainless version of the 57. The mid-range reloads I make shoot really well. 215gr coated lead SWC with 6.5gr of Universal. 15 yards off-hand. I screwed up a couple of times but I do that. The .41 is wonderful, but you've pretty much got to reload.

20241003_153343.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yes, the stainless version of the 57. The mid-range reloads I make shoot really well. 215gr coated lead SWC with 6.5gr of Universal. 15 yards off-hand. I screwed up a couple of times but I do that. The .41 is wonderful, but you've pretty much got to reload.

View attachment 478798
    awesome shooting

I have never shot a 41 magnum before. Waiting to see one in the wild for a good price

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Yes, the stainless version of the 57.

awesome shooting

I have never shot a 41 magnum before. Waiting to see one in the wild for a good price

Sometimes you see a .41 Ruger Blackhawk for a decent price. I'd like one. It's an unpopular caliber so sometimes you can use that to negotiate. "Oh, I thought it was a .44.....I don't know about a .41?"

You'd be surprised how many people (under 50) never heard of it. Most of the RSO's I've run into in the last few years ask me what I'm shooting and have never heard of it. I hand them a cartridge and they look at the headstamp and go....????. WTF is that?

The 9mm ruined everything.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Sometimes you see a .41 Ruger Blackhawk for a decent price. I'd like one. It's an unpopular caliber so sometimes you can use that to negotiate. "Oh, I thought it was a .44.....I don't know about a .41?"

You'd be surprised how many people (under 50) never heard of it. Most of the RSO's I've run into in the last few years ask me what I'm shooting and have never heard of it. I hand them a cartridge and they look at the headstamp and go....????. WTF is that?

The 9mm ruined everything.
    That was my experience with my single seven and 327 fed mag. Regret selling it to this day

Those unique calibers make for great conversation starters

Top Bottom