Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I traded my pick up for a new one. Poor thing only had 49,000 miles but has a transmission leak, 4 trips to the dealer, they can't fix it, can't even find it this time. What you gonna do? Traded it in on a different brand. I did tell them why so didn't get much for it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I traded my pick up for a new one. Poor thing only had 49,000 miles but has a transmission leak, 4 trips to the dealer, they can't fix it, can't even find it this time. What you gonna do? Traded it in on a different brand. I did tell them why so didn't get much for it.

Pistol Pete,

Wishing I had known that you were getting rid of a low-mileage PU "for cheap". = We don't buy new vehicles for the farm & 2 PU are now "worn out".
    (Sounds like a rebuilt AT would fix the problem.)

yours, satx

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    49,000 miles but has a transmission leak, 4 trips to the dealer, they can't fix it
    It's not still under warranty? I bet an independent mechanic would have found the leak and fixed it.

Traded it in on a different brand. I did tell them why so didn't get much for it.
    They're not going to fix it either. If it doesn't sell on their lot in a couple weeks, they'll just send it to auction.

Good excuse to get a new truck either way... :laughing: Congrats

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Replaced the air intake hose and some vacuum lines. 95 Sonoma.

IMG_2442.JPG

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Did you watch the video? :laughing:
    Yeah, it definitely lets you adjust your pedal's sensitivity. It's a Mazda pedal so it'll probably work. Check with Seletron, tho.

I saw the first two minutes lmao. I’m going to leave my car stock for the most part, was just curious how it is. I read the description where he (wait... it’s you) mentioned it helps a lot with multi air which i think is a fiata thing so I figured it may be fiata specific lol

Reminds me of when I had my 01 mustang GT. The throttle cable had some slack to it and the gas pedal sat pretty far back. I used a cut up straw and hose clamped it to eliminate the slack and bring the gas pedal up closer to me. First time I drove it after removing the slack, the throttle felt light years more responsive even though the only thing I changed was the position of the pedal. Eventually after a few years it stressed out my throttle cable and it snapped one day when I kicked the pedal to the floor a bit too hard lol.

Last edited:

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Spent the afternoon at Toyota dealer getting wife’s 4runner updated on it’s recalls.
    Toyota had a huge recall on airbags and fuel pumps.
    It is a 100 mile round trip, so my Friday got shot in the ass.

Last edited:

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Had to rotate the tires on truck today. Usually go to Sam's, but they shut down the tire shop for Chinese flu. It's too f-ing hot out there!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I saw the first two minutes lmao. I’m going to leave my car stock for the most part, was just curious how it is. I read the description where he (wait... it’s you) mentioned it helps a lot with multi air which i think is a fiata thing so I figured it may be fiata specific lol

Reminds me of when I had my 01 mustang GT. The throttle cable had some slack to it and the gas pedal sat pretty far back. I used a cut up straw and hose clamped it to eliminate the slack and bring the gas pedal up closer to me. First time I drove it after removing the slack, the throttle felt light years more responsive even though the only thing I changed was the position of the pedal. Eventually after a few years it stressed out my throttle cable and it snapped one day when I kicked the pedal to the floor a bit too hard lol.
    Yeah, with most of the throttle by wire applications the pedal modifiers are sort of analogous to putting a different throttle cable cam on. What's nice about units like the Seletron one is you can dial it in to anywhere you want.

The Multiair systems on the FIATs are unique in that the physical throttle isn't actually used much to control the amount of air going into the engine; it's mostly done by the variable valve lift. If you get the profile right on a pedal modifier, it'll get you to the point where the throttle valve is wide open very quickly, and then give you more granular control over the throttling via the multiair.

Seriously tho, send an email to Seletron. They'll be able to tell you how it would effect your Mazda.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    2013 SIerra 4x4 CC
    6.2L - 6 speed trans
    ~100k MILES

Replaced for peace of mind ...
    belts
    hoses and coolant
    tensioner
    idler
    plugs
    wires
    air filter

Considered replacing the water pump while that far in.
    But there was no play in the shaft, no signs of weeping and it spun without noise or resistance.
    Hope I don't regret that decision.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Curious what you had and what you went to.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yeah, with most of the throttle by wire applications the pedal modifiers are sort of analogous to putting a different throttle cable cam on. What's nice about units like the Seletron one is you can dial it in to anywhere you want.

The Multiair systems on the FIATs are unique in that the physical throttle isn't actually used much to control the amount of air going into the engine; it's mostly done by the variable valve lift. If you get the profile right on a pedal modifier, it'll get you to the point where the throttle valve is wide open very quickly, and then give you more granular control over the throttling via the multiair.

Seriously tho, send an email to Seletron. They'll be able to tell you how it would effect your Mazda.

Ah I see, that makes sense. I’ll look into what other people who’ve used it on an ND have to say. Haven’t dived too deep into everything available in the aftermarket as I tend to leave things stock nowadays, but may start tinkering eventually.

Top Bottom