• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lnu238

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Monday last I was sitting at a stop light in heavy traffic.....light turns green, i proceed as the truck in front of me starts off.....a couple seconds later he stops short and fast......I stop as I don't tailgate, the lady behinds me pops me in the rear doing about 10MPH. My truck hitch bores a hole in her plastic bumper and shoves her whole front clip back about one inch....bends my bumper (minor).

Here is the WTF......I call the cops, she does not get a ticket, the cop files a REPORT ONLY, no mention of fault on anyone's part. My insurance company (USAA) whom I have had for years and years and have NEVER had need of them, (besides to send them money I could have used to buy another gun) tells me the lady says she has no Idea what happened and thinks we were hooked at the bumpers when i took off causing the damage to her front end...THEN they (USAA) says I may have to pay my deductible!

Can someone tell me how this can happen? No ticket and then lies about the accident and then I may have to eat 500 bucks through zero fault of my own! WHAT has happened?
    Guns International

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    What ticket do you want the cop to issue? As for not stating fault, if the officer didn't see it, he's not going to. As far as USAA saying you may have to pay, that's their fault. They may have just talked with the other insurance company and they agreed to cover their own drivers instead of having a he said she said match. The real thought to ponder is why would nobody passing by who saw it happen, stop and give their info as a witness...society fails us everyday.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Lovely.

My son barely sidswiped a truck one day. Our car had the mirror hanging by the wires and a small scuff on the side. No broken paint. The truck he barely tapped went to our insurance company and claimed some prior rear end damage and got a check. The insurance adjuster was surprised when he saw our car. They got their truck fixed and I rigged our mirror.

It doesn't end there. Two people in the truck got lawyers and pumped thousands more from Allstate.

I was really pissed off, but I guess they figured that was cheaper than a court battle.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Follow up with USAA. They are a big company and sometimes one of their employees wants to take the easy way out.

Disclosure: I've been a member since 1967.

Follow up with a supervisor, stay on the case.

Get a copy of the traffic officer's report of the accident.

I had a similar event years ago, and the USAA investigator determined the other party was at fault. USAA sued the other driver's insurance company.

I got my deductible back after a few months.

It was a PITA, but USAA made good.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Monday last I was sitting at a stop light in heavy traffic.....light turns green, i proceed as the truck in front of me starts off.....a couple seconds later he stops short and fast......I stop as I don't tailgate, the lady behinds me pops me in the rear doing about 10MPH. My truck hitch bores a hole in her plastic bumper and shoves her whole front clip back about one inch....bends my bumper (minor).

Here is the WTF......I call the cops, she does not get a ticket, the cop files a REPORT ONLY, no mention of fault on anyone's part. My insurance company (USAA) whom I have had for years and years and have NEVER had need of them, (besides to send them money I could have used to buy another gun) tells me the lady says she has no Idea what happened and thinks we were hooked at the bumpers when i took off causing the damage to her front end...THEN they (USAA) says I may have to pay my deductible!

Can someone tell me how this can happen? No ticket and then lies about the accident and then I may have to eat 500 bucks through zero fault of my own! WHAT has happened?

This is the level of USAA investigation. I have a complaint into the Texas Department Of Insurance because the their shoddy work. And I hired a lawyer to sue to get me disassociated from a claim that I have no involvement in. Drop them like a bad habit and find a decent insurance company.

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Have you complained to the upper echelon of USAA?

Sad you did not get satisfaction, but how far up the tree did you climb for a proper result?

Don't think you'll get better service from any other insurance company.

If you do, give it a go!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Anyone who would not follow-up with insurance claims is selling themselves short.

Don't take no for an answer if you KNOW that you are not at fault!

You have no obligation to argue with the other party's insurance company. The premiums paid to your insurance company include legal representation.

Demand they do the job you paid for.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have never had a problem with USAA. They handled my claim when a wrecker company damaged my car after taking it illegally. They handled 2 no fault accidents and the left of firearms from my home. All of them were handled in less than 48hrs and my premiums have not got up one bit.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i had a long conversation with usaa recently, they asked why i wasnt using their insurance services and if they could change that. but i just wasnt sold, ive had a lot of friends say good things about usaa auto, but theyre the same price i pay now through allstate. the other thing i tried to ask them was if the 100k/300k/100k coverage i have no is too little or too much and what the average person has, they wouldnt disclose that, but neither has any other insurance company.

lnu238

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    My question is why did you contact your insurance company and not hers?

The kicker.......the person who hit me also carries USAA auto.....looks like a conflict of interest to me.

I'm not going to take this lying down.... in no way, shape or form will I let this go without one hellava fight! I have no problems in filing complaints, or hiring a blood sucking lawyer to do my bidding...If I have to pay my deductible I will first file a suit against the gal who hit me, then I will check into USAA and learn what options are open....but before I get all riled up (anymore) I will just hang out and see what develops.....no sense in planning actions to take when there has been no actions as of yet taken.

As others are saying, I also don't think any other insurance co will treat anybody any better.....there not in business to help people....they are here to make money......PERIOD.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I also don't think any other insurance co will treat anybody any better.....there not in business to help people....they are here to make money......PERIOD.
    Yes, they are in business to make money and like in any industry, some businesses shine. I've needed Amica muliplte times on both auto and home related claims and I have ALWAYS been satisfied with the outcome. That includes one very long, drawn out incident involving a City of Houston bureaucracy. YMMV

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's very common for people to try to cheat on insurance claims. There was an article in the paper a few years back about gangs that were driving around and would sandwich your car in on the freeway, then hit the brakes and claim you hit them and gave everybody in the car whiplash. I had a guy back out of his driveway and drive backwards down the street. I saw him backing out and could tell he didn't see me coming so I stopped. When he kept on coming, I laid on the horn but he didn't stop until he hit me. There was no damage to my car, but his was messed up. (Some of you may remember the Chevy Vega - I think it was made out of tinfoil.) My insurance called and said he claimed I drove into him while he was going forward.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    It's very common for people to try to cheat on insurance claims. There was an article in the paper a few years back about gangs that were driving around and would sandwich your car in on the freeway, then hit the brakes and claim you hit them and gave everybody in the car whiplash. I had a guy back out of his driveway and drive backwards down the street. I saw him backing out and could tell he didn't see me coming so I stopped. When he kept on coming, I laid on the horn but he didn't stop until he hit me. There was no damage to my car, but his was messed up. (Some of you may remember the Chevy Vega - I think it was made out of tinfoil.) My insurance called and said he claimed I drove into him while he was going forward.

Okay, that's worse than my story.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Insurance companies have no interest in right or wrong like we, as citizens, do. It's all about the dollar to them and scammers know that they can milk an insurance company, they will pay the claim whether it's just or unjust because they will simply wring the funds out of their insured drivers in increased premiums. Your rates haven't been jacked up because of this incident...........yet.

The worst comes when insurance companies mismanage claims to the point their profit margin dips. They go to the state, demand a rate increase and get it!

Similarly, after Hurricane IKE, I got a clear picture of what Homeowners Insurance is all about. The hurricane totally screwed me but that storm was only a tiny ass kicking compared to the bloodbath that occurred when the insurance companies, thieves, scammers and criminals got through with me! They delayed settling with me for 5 friggn' months so their losses could be spread out over several fiscal periods. Meanwhile, my home was a wreck! Nice folks!

Insurance companies are the scum that settles after the bottom feeders take a dump!

Flash

Top Bottom