• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Something like these are pretty useful. Qtipnfor cleaning, the dowel is good for gentle force on parts without tool marks.

Alternatively you can use something like these
    d225c4717663c54d78645cc0549437bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input!

I got these to clean with. All foam tip that works good at getting in the slide groove and other tight places. They did not come in the plastic organizer cases 'twas only heat sealed plastic bags.

I can pick up some hardwood 1/16" dowels Lowe's/Home Depot.

Checked the plastic shafts on the swabs posted below. Some of them, in the box on the right, may work just fine for 1/8" pins. They're about .007" undersized but that'd probably work for the intended purpose. Won't work on the 1/16" applications. None of them are that small in diameter.

20200831_115224.jpg

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Thanks for the input!

I got these to clean with. All foam tip that works good at getting in the slide groove and other tight places. They did not come in the plastic organizer cases 'twas only heat sealed plastic bags.

Checked the plastic shafts on the swabs posted below. Some of them, in the box on the right, may work just fine for 1/8" pins. They're about .007" undersized but that'd probably work for the intended purpose. Won't work on the 1/16" applications. None of them are that small in diameter.

View attachment 225469
    those may work, im not sure. the nice part about the wood is it's soft enough to form a little indentation to keep from sliding around on the surface of the metal for the lever arm of a spring on a trigger, but still strong enough to apply light pressure to hold something in place.

1/8" may work, depends on what you're working on and how much room there is. just giving some examples.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I scored some ammo at Academy. No 9mm or 5.56 or buckshot in stock.

But there were a few boxes of Federal Gold Medal .308win and .357 magnum at pre-panick prices. Few Winchester bricks of .22LR too.

I grabbed as much as they would allow.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Thanks for the input!

View attachment 225469
    Instead of 1/16" dowel, buy some bamboo skewers next time at grocery store

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ameriglo night sights for a Glock, on sale for $74. (25% off at Optics Planet)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom