Venture Surplus ad

What gun shops to see if visiting Austin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buster Charlie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Karnes county Texas
    Hello everyone!

I live about 3 hours drive from Austin but I'm going to be driving there in the future to visit a friend. Since I hardly get to drive there, and have only experienced the gun shops in San Antonio, I'd really appreciate it if some locals could give me the low-down on the best gun shops in Austin to check out!

Thanks in advance for any advise!
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here's some:

Red's Indoor Range - Google Maps

Mc Bride's Guns - Google Maps

G T Distributors Inc - Google Maps GT does sell firearms, though a majority of their business is mainly gun gear, LE gear, etc so it's a neat place to check out.

GDS Enterprises - Google Maps GDS specializes primarily in AR accessories, and AFAIK I don't believe they actually sell firearms. They are still an awesome place to check out as they have all the accessories and components you could ever want, but only ever see on the net. Make sure to call them first if you decide to go, just to confirm they are open.

Gun Liquidators Austin - Google Maps I haven't been here before, though judging by everything I've heard about it from people that have, it's well worth checking out.

These are the main ones physically in Austin. There are several others in Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, just outside of Austin. Just FYI, Texas1911 and I work at the first location (Red's South), so feel free to drop on by and we'd be glad to visit with you.

Member2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Austin
    I highly recommend Red's. I shoot there with my boy and we've never had less than a great experience.
    Good, friendly, guys; lots of guns.

Top Bottom