Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    Not today...traded for a few weeks ago. But had to be returned to factory and just got it back today :)

Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum and 4 of the 5 different rounds it shoots. :shades:

.327 Federal Magnum
    .32 H&R magnum
    .32 S&W Long
    .32 S&W (not pictured)
    .32ACP
    1000013121.jpg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Not today...traded for a few weeks ago. But had to be returned to factory and just got it back today :)

Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum and 4 of the 5 different rounds it shoots. :shades:

.327 Federal Magnum
    .32 H&R magnum
    .32 S&W Long
    .32 S&W (not pictured)
    .32ACP
    View attachment 476114
    I owned one a few years back and sold it.. dont ever sell it, you will regret it!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

.327 Federal Magnum
    .32 H&R magnum
    .32 S&W Long
    .32 S&W (not pictured)
    .32ACP
    View attachment 476114
    Nice to have so many options in one revolver. Cool find.

What was wrong with it that required a trip back to the factory?

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Nice to have so many options in one revolver. Cool find.

What was wrong with it that required a trip back to the factory?
    When I acquired it the cylinder would not spin freely when you opened the loading gate. You had to partially cock the hammer for it to spin. (I figured bad pawl).

I got a good deal on it and figured Ruger would make it right (replaced the pawl) so I got it in spite of this issue.

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    When I acquired it the cylinder would not spin freely when you opened the loading gate. You had to partially cock the hammer for it to spin. (I figured bad pawl).

I got a good deal on it and figured Ruger would make it right (replaced the pawl) so I got it in spite of this issue.
    I haven't had to send anything to them in quite a while. I was surprised to learn you have pay 45 for a shipping label if the gun is over 2 years old...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Looking in LGS for bullets. As I was leaving and older fellow asked about the cal of a nice rifle. 375 shoulder killer something. Kinda chuckled when I heard him say nah.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    JB could have done away with the grip safety on the 1911, it would have been an improvement.
    It's probably been 40 years but back when custom pistolsmiths used to routinely pin grip safeties, I remember someone making 1911 frames for those custom builders, frames with no cut-out for the grip safety. For some reason, making frames that had no provision for a grip safety was mildly controversial. I paid no attention to the magazine articles that obliquely mentioned the manufacturer and briefly thought about getting one in case I someday decided I wanted a 1911 for something.

Then I reached the obvious conclusion. I figured "Nah. No need to bother right now. That's such an obvious improvement it will surely become the standard in a couple of years." Things didn't work out that way. AFAIK, that manufacturer made only a single production run of bare frames to sell.

Just another one of those "if I had only known" situations. ;)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It's probably been 40 years but back when custom pistolsmiths used to routinely pin grip safeties, I remember someone making 1911 frames for those custom builders, frames with no cut-out for the grip safety. For some reason, making frames that had no provision for a grip safety was mildly controversial. I paid no attention to the magazine articles that obliquely mentioned the manufacturer and briefly thought about getting one in case I someday decided I wanted a 1911 for something.

Then I reached the obvious conclusion. I figured "Nah. No need to bother right now. That's such an obvious improvement it will surely become the standard in a couple of years." Things didn't work out that way. AFAIK, that manufacturer made only a single production run of bare frames to sell.

Just another one of those "if I had only known" situations. ;)

Allegedly Browning only added the grip safety because the Army wanted it.

At the end of the day, I believe Novak Custom still makes the answer, but I think you can only get it if you buy one of their custom shop guns.

Top Bottom