• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Good luck, I’m about to buy another safe because I’m out of space. I’ve rearranged it more times then I can count and it’s just that time. Next house I’ll just dedicate a room.

I need a bigger safe, but not sure where to put it. Let’s just say my current one is full and there is an over flow. No kids in the house, so I’m okay for now.
    Texas SOT

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Fresh from the ffl

Hope to go shoot it in about an hour. Straight mags are garbage. Follower binds up and rounds lose tension. I coted the inside with smooth-kote, but it didn't seem to help. Curved mag seems promising. If nothing else, I intend to get an aftermarket lower to use scorpion mags, but I want to give the curved mags a chance first.
    20220504_160543.jpg
    20220504_160500.jpg

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Fresh from the ffl

Hope to go shoot it in about an hour. Straight mags are garbage. Follower binds up and rounds lose tension. I coted the inside with smooth-kote, but it didn't seem to help. Curved mag seems promising. If nothing else, I intend to get an aftermarket lower to use scorpion mags, but I want to give the curved mags a chance first.
    View attachment 317857 View attachment 317858

Straight mags are exactly that, garbage. Gotta love how they send 1 curved, like a damn sample. My buddy also replaced the lower on his for that very reason. Fun gun all in all though.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    I picked up this holster worn workhorse today.
    It’s a Springfield Tactical XD-40. It’s a Police trade in. Not shot much, but worn outside.
    It reminds me of the Gen 2 Glock 22 I used to carry when I was in civilian Law Enforcement.
    It has a 5 inch barrel, just like I like ‘em.

Hawk

5d1b2a21faffc499e4fd168e3c94b60e.jpg

16943ea63978d614b8f152dabd3e621b.jpg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Fresh from the ffl

View attachment 317857 View attachment 317858

I like the looks....but bad press about problems with magazines and FTF failures have left me waiting before I drop the $........

Keep us apprised, please.....

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I picked up this holster worn workhorse today.
    It’s a Springfield Tactical XD-40. It’s a Police trade in. Not shot much, but worn outside.
    It reminds me of the Gen 2 Glock 22 I used to carry when I was in civilian Law Enforcement.
    It has a 5 inch barrel, just like I like ‘em.

Hawk

5d1b2a21faffc499e4fd168e3c94b60e.jpg

16943ea63978d614b8f152dabd3e621b.jpg
    Around 20 years ago my dad picked up an XD in 45 just like that.

I borrowed it to check it out. He had to ask for it back.....

That will be a great shooter.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Not a gun, but it will be soon.

Got in stock notification on some 338 Spectre barrels from SBR.

I've got brass, now a barrel is in the mail.

I'll be looking for reloading dies and building it soon.

Screenshot_20220506-062127.jpg

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Around 20 years ago my dad picked up an XD in 45 just like that.

I borrowed it to check it out. He had to ask for it back.....

That will be a great shooter.

That’s what I’m hoping was well!!

I have a buddy who swears by the XD line! So, when I saw this at a great price, I had to snatch it up.

Hawk

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I like the looks....but bad press about problems with magazines and FTF failures have left me waiting before I drop the $........

Keep us apprised, please.....
    So I didn't get to go shoot Wed, but looking forward to Sunday. Just playing with it, I like it. Just ordered some 2 more curved mags and a steel reinforced one just incase feed lips start breaking. Trigger pull on stock springs is 4.75 lbs avg. Curious to see if the light weight springs will make a difference. Have a detented charging block, buffer, springs, and muzzle brake on the way. It NEEDS the aftermarket bolt release. Stock is terrible a d hard to manipulate. Will probably get the folding charging handle to help facilitate a c clamp grip.

I have high hopes for it.

If the mags work, I don't see a need for an aftermarket lower. Only real benefit would be the ability for a binary trigger, but I hardly go binary with the one I already have.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Just shot 100 rnds of mixed brass, steel, aluminum, 115 and 147 with zero zilch nada a malfunction. Even the 1st gen straight mags worked. Shot cluster groups while standing and hit a few bullseye. The bolt slaming back made the red dot jump around, so I don't know how well a binary trigger would do. Recoil was on par with a 7.62x39 AR, maybe less. So far I would recommend it, but I need more rounds down the pipe before I preach from the heavens.

Top Bottom