ARJ Defense ad

What flashlight, or better yet battery, for South Texas???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    I like to keep flashlights in my cars, but I've had the batteries in the last two blow up in the summer??

Any suggestions??

Thanks......Pachucko
    DK Firearms

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    You might look at the Pelican SaberLite 2000 Submersible or some other model in the Pelican line. They are NOT tacticool, but they are indestructible. I keep one in the door of my truck year round and never had any problems. Warranty is outstanding. If you should happen to break something they send you the new part postage paid. I own three and wouldn't trade them. The 2000 is not light weight, but if you do have to hit something with it they are going to the ER and the light will still work. LOL Just my $0.02.

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    IIRC, AA and AAA batteries are the worst for blowing up on you. Fenix makes Surefire-quality lights for a much lower price-point.

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    Just bite the price bullet and get a Surefire LED and a box of a dozen 123s(less than $2 each) and enjoy.

I have at least a dozen of their lights, weapons lights, incandescents and LEDs.
    Rock solid, waterproof, lifetime no-question warranty.
    Starts at under $100 for a lifetime of light.

Their reflectors give the best, most even distribution of light of anything I've handled or owned.

Only trouble I've ever had was on about the twentieth drop onto solid concrete my little L4 Lumamax quit shining.
    Sent it in and they sent me a new one a week later.

You get what you pay for.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Surefire G2 led. The 123's havent blowed up on me yet. The light even fits 1" scope rings and most flashlight mounts. The plastic sure comes in handy when you have to hold it with your teeth. Ive dropped mine in a 4' swimming pool for the kids to play with. Ive had up to 6 of these lights around the house and mounted on rifles. Painted them. dropped them. Gave them as presents. Made a pressure switch for one out of a Tasco lazer switch from chinamart. The cap on the switch(the part that screws into the lazer body) fits in the end cap of the surefire. With a part removed from the surefire end cap. You slide the pressu7re pad through a tiny hole made in the end button, replace the spring back in the end camp. The button seals dirt tight on the cord. Works like a charm.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i highly recommend aw 17670 batteries for your g2. been running these types of batteries for atleast 5 years now specifically on lights i require to function at full capacity all the time.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    yep, i paid once and havent had to pay again. i bought two of each so id have one spare when the other went out. also, check out candlepowerforums. great resource, also where i picked up an led modified gi crookneck flashlight. its one of my favorites.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Every battery-powered flashlight I ever bought never survived a Texas summer.

Upon further reflection, those flashlights never had the batteries checked, until the flashlight was needed.

Change batteries at least every three months, if you want them to work for you.

Be well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I picked up a small aluminum case Coleman LED flashlight (palm sized), about 120 lumens for about $20. It uses the CR type batteries, which seem to hold up well.

Top Bottom