What do I need to do about an abandoned gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Sure it can be. As a police officer, I can tel you if someone turned in the firearm as found/recovered property and listed who the owner may be, we have tried contacting the owners. She seems so worried about ramifications that folks were suggesting it as a way to just end the ordeal. have you been with the.thread since post #1? Lol, you easily see that.

YOU would, CM....but some of the other departments, I ain't so sure. Big city departments often "don't have time" to deal w/stuff like this, I bet.

OOOOHH!! CM, he just said your department ain't shit! You gonna take that from him??!?!?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Amateur!!?!??!
    True. I am not skilled in the art of stirring pots.

Obviously. After all - you keep talkin' smack 'bout Wolfwood, but you do it in PM's, and I'm loath to put 'em out in public, because he'd be huntin' ya down ALMOST as fast as ol' Sterlin' would after the cracks you made about him an' his similarities to a Village Idiot.....

Just sayin'!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Obviously. After all - you keep talkin' smack 'bout Wolfwood, but you do it in PM's, and I'm loath to put 'em out in public, because he'd be huntin' ya down ALMOST as fast as ol' Sterlin' would after the cracks you made about him an' his similarities to a Village Idiot.....

Just sayin'!

Now look at you trying to stir the pot by making up stories of me insulting wolfwood and Sterling.

That right there is a professional pot stirrer, folks!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Sure it can be. As a police officer, I can tel you if someone turned in the firearm as found/recovered property and listed who the owner may be, we have tried contacting the owners. She seems so worried about ramifications that folks were suggesting it as a way to just end the ordeal. have you been with the.thread since post #1? Lol, you easily see that.

Yes, I read the entire thread. If she sells/gives away the gun, she is not liable for anything that happens afterward. As a Texas LEO, you should know that.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Now look at you trying to stir the pot by making up stories of me insulting wolfwood and Sterling.

That right there is a professional pot stirrer, folks!

your numbers coming up soon boy.

;)

as for OP - Im glad you arent turning it in. Heirloom or not, i can't really wrap my head around handing off any servicable firearm to anything but a good home - forget about a PD furnace.

to me that would be like sending a healthy puppy to an Okinawa taco shop - just plain sad.

Kudos to you and your sparkly jeans.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Pshhht! try me! Might you forget, you are married now. You can't spend your time attacking 20 year olds without your wifes permission! Weak fool!

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yes, I read the entire thread. If she sells/gives away the gun, she is not liable for anything that happens afterward. As a Texas LEO, you should know that.

If she sells or gives away a gun that knowingly does not belong to her, everything which she stated here, she could have issues. As a person with common sense, you should know that.

Glitter and Guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    DFW
    Keep it up fancy pants.

So wait, I am not the only one with sparkly jeans?!?!?

If she sells or gives away a gun that knowingly does not belong to her, everything which she stated here, she could have issues. As a person with common sense, you should know that.

I won't be selling/giving away the gun. Some day my daughter will be old enough to take possession of it as it was really loaned to her. That is, of course, assuming that he doesn't show back up.

Top Bottom