Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Bought this. Not sure if it’s worth a damn or not, but it’s another reloading toy I couldn’t do without!

fbc9f5e96d05b52f8400df98a0044751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us know how it works. I've been curious but didn't want to be the guinea pig.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Guns International

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Let us know how it works. I've been curious but didn't want to be the guinea pig.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Kept seeing it for $80-$100+, so I passed. Amazon had it for $52, so I ordered it. Actually ordered it at 4am this morning, and when I left for work at 2:30pm it was on the porch!

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Bought this. Not sure if it’s worth a damn or not, but it’s another reloading toy I couldn’t do without!

fbc9f5e96d05b52f8400df98a0044751.jpg

I have that set in my truck reloading box so if I want to load at range, I don’t have to have multiple seating dies with me. It has been working better than I expected.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Ordered some powder from Powder Valley. Kills me paying those hazmat fees every time, but finding it locally has been near impossible, and when I do it’s a 1 lb limit. Got 5 lbs, so after shipping and hazmat it came out to about $40 a lb.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Cody, did you break into that press yet? My cardiologist put away his Dillons in favor of the Forster Coax.

Let me know if you ever want to "group buy" some powders. I have another source that I can check on if you do.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Cody, did you break into that press yet? My cardiologist put away his Dillons in favor of the Forster Coax.

Let me know if you ever want to "group buy" some powders. I have another source that I can check on if you do.

I have the Lee Turret Press. It’s just about perfect for what I need. I have a turret for each caliber I load, and I can knock out 200-300 handgun loads pretty quickly if I’m going to the range the next day. And for hand loading rifle, it works pretty good too. I would definitely be interested in a group buy on powder. I’ve been checking daily online and as soon as I saw it available I ordered some. Not sure about Powder Valleys order processing and shipping though. Haven’t ordered from them in a couple years, so I don’t remember how quick they are. I ordered the powder Wednesday, and I got an email with the order confirmation, and my card was charged. But I haven’t got any more correspondence since, so I’m hoping it’s not gonna take weeks to hear from them with a shipping notice.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Any of you guys use small rifle benchrest primers? Picked some up and they're way more than what I need so I might be willing to trade them off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Any of you guys use small rifle benchrest primers? Picked some up and they're way more than what I need so I might be willing to trade them off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Received my first Midway notification ever about them. Glad to see them back but not a fan of the price.

Luckily I don't need any right now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Loaded up some 130 grain SP Interlocks in .270 with 54 grains of IMR4350, for a hunt I have in a couple weeks. I had loaded up some 140 grain SST’s, but after seeing, and reading, about their performance, I wasn’t confident that would be the right round for whitetail at 100 yards. Best to stick with the proven soft points.

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Loaded some 250-grain hard cast lead bullets from MagTech over small charges of Red Dot and Bullseye for my .45 ACP. This is the heaviest bullet I have ever loaded in this caliber...gonna try 'em out first in my MechTech CCU first, compare their POI to 200 and 230 grainers...then try them in a standard 1911.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Loaded up some 130 grain SP Interlocks in .270 with 54 grains of IMR4350, for a hunt I have in a couple weeks. I had loaded up some 140 grain SST’s, but after seeing, and reading, about their performance, I wasn’t confident that would be the right round for whitetail at 100 yards. Best to stick with the proven soft points.

What did you hear about SSTs?? I havent hunted with them yet sincer interlocks give me the best groups typically

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    What did you hear about SSTs?? I havent hunted with them yet sincer interlocks give me the best groups typically

I’ve heard they fragment at impact, especially at higher speeds. Huge entrance wound, without passing through. The ones I loaded for my .270 chrono’d at just over 3,000 FPS.

Reactions: MTA

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I shot my first reloads yesterday. 6.5 Grendel , 123 SST, Federal 1x Brass cci 41 primers, 25.5/25.8/26.2 gn TAC. 2.26 COAL. All were MOA 5 shot groups. Kinda did a ladder test. I think the math comes out to 2250fps, I definitely have some room for powder. TAC is a bit dirty

Last edited:
    Top Bottom