Guns International

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Hey man, just got some federal large rifle primers from academy at 1604 and bandera yesterday , I know it’s across town from you but I need to check how many I got (either 400 or 500) and I can give them to you.
    I won’t be reloading soon as I’m really busy.
    I think I paid 5.99 a sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn Academy I went to Monday, charged me $9.99 a sleeve for Federal large rifle primers. If I wasn’t down to less than 500, I would have passed on them.

Venture Surplus ad

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Damn Academy I went to Monday, charged me $9.99 a sleeve for Federal large rifle primers. If I wasn’t down to less than 500, I would have passed on them.

Checked my receipt when I read this and yes, it was 9.99 . I guess I read the wrong tag on their shelving (they kept it behind counter and couldn’t see clearly)
    Still glad I got them and can help someone out with them.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Checked my receipt when I read this and yes, it was 9.99 . I guess I read the wrong tag on their shelving (they kept it behind counter and couldn’t see clearly)
    Still glad I got them and can help someone out with them.

Yeah, I like to complain, but I’m glad they’re at least starting to appear on shelves. Just kind of mad at the price, because I’ve been able to get a box or 2 here and there at a couple LGS’s, and they were only charging $5.99 for regular Federal, and $9.99 for the GM210 match primers

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Loaded up some .308 hunting rounds. Wanna see how well this cheap Savage Axis I bought last year will shoot. So far all I know is, she ain’t a fan of most of the factory ammo I’ve put through her! Gonna try some 150 grain soft points, and some 165 grain Hornady SST’s.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Loaded up some .308 hunting rounds. Wanna see how well this cheap Savage Axis I bought last year will shoot. So far all I know is, she ain’t a fan of most of the factory ammo I’ve put through her! Gonna try some 150 grain soft points, and some 165 grain Hornady SST’s.

I have one in 6.5CM. It shoots under 3/4” groups with the Hornady Whitetail 129g. Surprisingly accurate fir a sub $300 rifle.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Got those bad boys to to barely fit in the tray so they clear the drop blocks. Now just a few barrels worth to inspect and package. I was worried I'd need a different tray, good luck today!

Attachments

• 20211006_160035.jpg
      20211006_160035.jpg
      356 KB · Views: 70

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'm starting to realize I need more brass. I've got bullets and powder and I've been trickling in some primers but I don't have any brass to load.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    If you sell brass cheaper than my local range then I'd be all over it. In fact, I'm pretty sure you buy the brass from my local range (Lonestar handgun).

I just need to get off my butt and get to the range. I have a feeling there will be a group of us going soon. My friend just died of covid Saturday and we would all go shoot together so the guys at work and I will likely make an outing soon.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I look at my stuff and think one day between work and 3 small boys I’ll have some time to reload all the primed brass.

I feel this right here. Still have 50 primed .357 brass sitting on the bench when I had to step away the last time I tried loading. Le sigh.

Top Bottom