Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    loaded a little over a 1000 rd of 9mm this weekend

going to set the Dillon 650 up for .380 acp tonight, Bayou Bullet says my little 90 gr .355" coated cast bullets will be delivered this week, so I can load those little puppies up (I hate loading .380 due to such small cases and bullets for big hands to deal with, but due to current availability and price right now I am going to load my .380 plink & play ammo)

Only positive I can say about having this China flu, is I’ve sat and loaded up about
    1,000 9mm the last 3 days. As soon as I get the all clear I’m gonna go put some holes in some paper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Found an abandoned Dyson vacuum. Cleaned and fixed. Did a retrofit for the rt1500.

This baby vacuums like a black hole.

AB723B62-0116-422A-B247-F9165ABBA7C1.jpeg

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Found an abandoned Dyson vacuum. Cleaned and fixed. Did a retrofit for the rt1500.

This baby vacuums like a black hole.

View attachment 243190

I read this post too fast and had to re-read it; at first I thought it said, “...vacuums like a black ho”.

I guess that makes me racist according to all of the F***tards.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Made some nitrated paper for the percussion Sharps.
    Saw a vid over on the Utubez about using coffee filters for the paper.
    Dissolved some KNO3 in some distilled water and soaked the filter papers for a bit. Then hung them up to air dry.
    Looked like a bunch of flour tortillas hanging around. LoL.
    The paper burned well when tested. yay!
    Next up is cutting them into the proper shape.
    Now I gotta cast up some boolits.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Finally got around to loading ammo for my 6.5 CM. Had it over a year.

140g SST over some H4350, in new Star brass. I use the SST in all my hunting loads cuz I hate to track deer.

View attachment 243242
    Wish SSTs would shoot well out of my 308 and 300wm but I get the best groups with Interlocks. The blood trail looks like something out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I am hoping my 30-06 likes them since I have alot of them just sitting there not being used

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My 30-06 loves them, 3/4" group at 100. Did you do a ladder test for your loads?

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I cant remember its been awhile. I have alot more h4895 now so I think it might be a good idea to attempt that again. I am pretty happy with the performance of the interlock. Ive dropped an elk and a fallow deer within ten feet of where they were shot with them. Both heart shots with devastating results. Any deer I have double lunged has been a blood bath

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I cant remember its been awhile. I have alot more h4895 now so I think it might be a good idea to attempt that again. I am pretty happy with the performance of the interlock. Ive dropped an elk and a fallow deer within ten feet of where they were shot with them. Both heart shots with devastating results. Any deer I have double lunged has been a blood bath

I use the Interlock on a factory load for my 6.5 bolt gun. They are good bullets. (Hornady Whitetail 129g) I think for elk that Interlock might be the best choice. But I shoot SSTs in all my hunting loads for every rifle me and my kids hunt with. They are a devastating bullet. I once blew a whitetail heart in half.

Regardless of bullet used, a ladder test will allow you to tune your ammo to your rifle. For example, when I did mine for the loads above, I loaded 4 bullets each at 38.7, 38.9, 39.1, 39.3g.

Each group of 4 groups gets shot at its own target. Every single time there will be a group that is the tightest group. For those rounds it happened to be 39.1 with a .448" spread. But 39.1 in a different gun likely would have a differrnt spread. The 39.1 load is for the test gun only.

I do this test for every rifle I have owned for 20 years. My best group was for an AR that yielded a 3/8" group. That one was smaller than my thumb nail.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Not much, I just drove across Houston to pay way too much for some Federal small pistol match primers but I got a full brick for under $200.00. I was specifically wanting Federal Primers since I am shooting revolver. After seeing gun show prices and the idiots on Gun Broker (also no spp at all at the Pasadena show), under $200.00 seemed like a good deal.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

Oh those are pretty.

Not much, I just drove across Houston to pay way too much for some Federal small pistol match primers but I got a full brick for under $200.00. I was specifically wanting Federal Primers since I am shooting revolver. After seeing gun show prices and the idiots on Gun Broker (also no spp at all at the Pasadena show), under $200.00 seemed like a good deal.

Damn. I'm sorry but I'm glad you found some.

Top Bottom