• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    From my experience, the only words that are really censored are racial slurs and such.

That's not a flaw, in my opinion.
    There's certain things we don't want on this site. That's one of them.
    Texas SOT

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?

3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?

4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?

5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?

I also would like to get any ideas and commentary you may have. Please do not refrain from commenting ... and do so honestly. We cannot improve the forum without your feedback. Numerous changes have been implemented in the past years because of feedback from these kinds of threads, and we consider each and every opinion in our decisions.

All right...

1.) More advertising for the site, I suppose? Maybe take out an ad in Guns & Ammo or something like that.

2.) I'd bring back the Politics forum. Sure there was a lot of grumpy bears on it, but that's why we have moderators... plus watching middle aged men participate in drama in a hilarious sight to behold.

3.) Ponies

4.) I've always liked the look of the forum.

5.) More ponies.

6.) Moderations have always been fair despite all the griping and drama from certain individuals about it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    From my experience, the only words that are really censored are racial slurs and such.

That's not a flaw, in my opinion.
    There's certain things we don't want on this site. That's one of them.

I wasn't talking about racial slurs, though. The words I typed were slang words for vagina lol. Though one of the two I typed would get your ass beat with a heavy purse if you were to call a woman that lol. Not classy words at all.

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    I am on another forum that allows political hageling, it can be fun, you better have a thick skin if you go there.
    I am all for it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Great forum admin , mods and members.I would suggest a Prayer List be added for our members going through a tough time , declining health issues ect .To keep it centralized so it won't get lost in other threads.By far this is one great place to be.Robert
    We don't allow religious posts, but I will allow a prayer thread for people to participate in. That's on the up and up.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The hypothetical $10,000.00 could be used for TGT logo clothing, like others have mentioned. This could be t-shirts, polo's, ballcaps, maybe a windbreaker or something. Place an appropriate markup on them and sell them to anyone who wants to show off their TGT pride.

Something else we could do next year (since November is a bit late in the game for this suggestion), is to ask various members from around the state to submit a picture of one of their weapons taken on their land, in their backyard, or wherever they shoot. Then pick the best or a random 12 or 13, and make a TGT calender to sell to all of us. Every month would have a featured TGT member's weapon, with a brief story about the weapon and it's owner.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Hope this is ok to add, but Id love to see classified ads get Locked as soon as the gun is sold...its frustrating scanning all the ads, finding something that looks good and get thru 20 "PM sents and BUMPS" to see....SOLD
    Maybe I shouldve put it in the pet peeves section? LOL
    Thx...
    As a rule tho, I love this site!! Keep up the great work

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Try to increase participation.... the more members participate the better..... I used to visit GlockTalk, but the site was too impersonal for me and some members were rude and racist (most were great). I still visit on occasion. Increase particapation with more forums and subforums...but limit to interesting topics such as automotive, electronics, the mancave...etc... other than that... its a great gun forum...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    All right...

1.) More advertising for the site, I suppose? Maybe take out an ad in Guns & Ammo or something like that.

I was actually thinking about that the other day. What about some ads in an NRA magazine?

2.) I'd bring back the Politics forum. Sure there was a lot of grumpy bears on it, but that's why we have moderators... plus watching middle aged men participate in drama in a hilarious sight to behold.

Bah, you just want to make more work for me! :p

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    oooh magazine adds! that would bring them in in droves no doubt...

maybe in a texas specific publication... to many damn foreigners on here lately! (jk)

speedy223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    crockett
    i am just signing up for this forum. promote second ammendment knowledge at all costs. it is becoming crucial. groups like GOA do a lot to protect freedom. I have no further suggestions till i get time to browse the site

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    $10,000 - purchase a firearm and raffle it quarterly, % of proceeds to Wounded Warrior, and rest back in the kiddy for the forum. I feel the forum has improved in the last year, I know I've seen a lot more new members and growth. As far as the rest....don't need to fix what ain't broken.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    If you want to do radio or even TV, I know a voice guy.

t1larg.homeless.voice.dispatch.jpg

gs9millerr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    San Marcos, Tx
    How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?

The look of this forum is pretty nice. The layout, ad's at the top, easy to navigate. Keep up the good work!

nguyen925

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    sugar land
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    -pretty new to this forum but so far I enjoy the simplicity of the interface. Very straight forward and easy to navigate. Not sure what I'd do to enhance the website at the moment.

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    -Nothing comes to mind

3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    -Have only been here for a few weeks so can't say much on this question.

4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    -Simple and easy to navigate, not complicated.

5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?
    -maybe a Reputation system, not necessary but it would separate someone's opinion over another's.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    -So far so good, I haven't seen any forum quarrels. Dislike feuds online, especially in forums. Trolling responses are annoying to read through.

Top Bottom