• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I am re-reading "Trouble in Paradise" by Robert Parker (RIP). I recently re-read the entire series of Parkers books with the Hitch and Cole characters, great stuff IMO.

Semper Fi

Mike

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I started reading that book One Second After while on my trip out of town. I'm about halfway through it.

Great book! It's hard to put down.

That's the book that my mother, usually very anti-gun, called and told me about after reading. "Now I understand why you own guns!"

I was like, "Ya think?!"

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I started reading that book One Second After while on my trip out of town. I'm about halfway through it.

Great book! It's hard to put down.

That's the book that my mother, usually very anti-gun, called and told me about after reading. "Now I understand why you own guns!"

I was like, "Ya think?!"
    CW, I have recommended that book to several who have all loved it. It is an eye opener.

I am about to finish "How to Survive TEOTWAWKI" by Rawles. Its not riveting by very informative.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I am about to finish TEOTWAWKI by Rawles.

If you like that book you might want to check out Surviving Doomsday/ Boston on Y2K. They are the same book; try not to dismiss it because of the title. Everything I've read by Boston T. Party has been excellent. This, TEOTWAWKI, and Tappan on Survival are the cream of the crop for survivalism how-to's.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If you like that book you might want to check out Surviving Doomsday/ Boston on Y2K. They are the same book; try not to dismiss it because of the title. Everything I've read by Boston T. Party has been excellent. This, TEOTWAWKI, and Tappan on Survival are the cream of the crop for survivalism how-to's.
    YOu have any used copies you want to sell?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The Joy Machine - James Gunn

Timshel was once the vacation spot of the galaxy, full of culture, natural beauty, and friendly, hospitable inhabitants. But now Timshel has cut itself off from the universe. No one is allowed to enter or leave. Concerned, the Federation has sent agents to investigate, but none have returned.

Captain Kirk and the crew of the Starship Enterprise[SIZE=-2]TM[/SIZE] are shocked to discover the truth: the people of Timshel have succumbed to an insidious new technology that guarantees every citizen total pleasure, a soul-destroying ecstasy that has enslaved their entire civilization. Kirk and Spock have faced many threats before, but now they face the most seductive menace of all: perfect happiness. And the rest of the Federation may soon fall under the irresistible control of the Joy Machine.

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    Trying to piece together my William Johnstone series, the Ashes and last gunfighter stuff is good. Vince Flynn has a new one coming out soon.

Cool...I've read all the Vince Flynn books so far. I'm reading a James Patterson right now...one of the Alex Cross series.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    YOu have any used copies you want to sell?

I'm a book hoarder, but I'll be happy to let you use Boston's Gun Bible for as long as you want when I get it back from my buddy. You'd love it! Check out the reviews on Amazon- this book is amazing! James Wesley Rawles approved! In fact, if I find Tappan you can borrow that, too. Surviving Doomsday is MIA...

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1JOYZK52S5J0N

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Mr. Tripper walked into the room, his body illuminated by a candle in his hand. Knowing his tendancy for clumsiness and sensing danger i said " put down that candle, Jack, you are going to burnt he hou....

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    At the suggestions of others I've purchased hard copies of TEOTWAWKI and the SAS Handbook. Hard copies because in a TEOTWAWKI scenario there wouldn't be power to read it on my Kindle. :)

What else do you guys recommend? I was thinking maybe some kind of flora & fauna handbook that says what plants and roots are safe to eat, how to forage them, maybe ways to cook various critters you can take down with a .22, something like that.

Smart for someone to keep books like these in a survival kit, I'd think.

Top Bottom