APOD Firearms

What are seed oils and why they shouldn't be in your diet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Those of us who are older remember when butter was toxic and seed oils were vital.

We remember when eating eggs meant certain death. And then they looked at people who were eating eggs and not dying and it turned out they're not so bad.
    -- truncated--
    No criticism of any posters intended, and I'm sure all are well meaning (on all sides). Given the history of this particular topic (as recounted by @Texasjack), however, I would put my money on a bet that nearly EVERYTHING currently touted as good/bad for you will be viewed differently in 20 years or less. I'm sure MANY of us are old enough to have observed MULTIPLE "revisions" of "healthy eating" guidance. :facepalm:
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    My cholesterol was bad high. Freaking AOC high. Freaking Cheech and Chong high. I was able to still enjoy good food, improve my diet, and reduce it by 100.

I have not completely gotten rid of fast food but I only eat it...Once or twice a month at most. Sometimes I won't feel like it at all. I rarely drink soda...I stopped eating canned foods. If anything @vmax should inspire us younger guys. I turned 41 on the 4th, and I like not needing a lot of food even after working hard.

Guys younger than us: Start your better diet sooner than later. Don't get on a diet until problems show up. Cycleguy said it best, our bodies are machines. We use them for work. Even if you sit in an office, you use your mind, and you need to eat well.
    20220908_160041.jpg

Thank you
    I've been 330 lbs T 40 % body fat.
    It was almost all diet

I'm 18% body fat , good blood work all the way around
    I eat 4-5 eggs cooked in butter every day along with other protein and good fats
    Carbs are mostly from vegetables

Yes..I still have a cheat meal and have some cake or pizza but that's a treat
    Not the norm

I feel great every day..dont hurt anywhere

Just trying to offer help from someone who has been there

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    View attachment 344433
    Thank you
    It was almost all diet

I eat 4-5 eggs cooked in butter every day along with other protein and good fats

Not the norm

My wife was shocked when you ate cake at our last get together.
    :rolleyes:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    View attachment 344433
    Thank you
    It was almost all diet

Not the norm

No worries. You inspire me to get myself back into shape. I lost that connection to boxing and other regular fitness I was doing and as I got older I became less active and slimmed up. I didn't want to pack the muscle on anymore due to high cholesterol. But you're inspiring me to hit the weights again.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My cholesterol was bad high. Freaking AOC high. Freaking Cheech and Chong high. I was able to still enjoy good food, improve my diet, and reduce it by 100.

I have not completely gotten rid of fast food but I only eat it...Once or twice a month at most. Sometimes I won't feel like it at all. I rarely drink soda...I stopped eating canned foods. If anything @vmax should inspire us younger guys. I turned 41 on the 4th, and I like not needing a lot of food even after working hard.

Guys younger than us: Start your better diet sooner than later. Don't get on a diet until problems show up. Cycleguy said it best, our bodies are machines. We use them for work. Even if you sit in an office, you use your mind, and you need to eat well.
    I wished I had started earlier as well, but anytime you decide to start is suill good.
    View attachment 344433
    Thank you
    It was almost all diet

Not the norm

Many of us do appreciate the help. I'm almost 60, and if it adds a couple of years to my life, then it's worth it in the long run.
    Please keep up your posts on the subject. This stuff is very valuable to me and I feel sure many people appreciate your posts as much as I do.
    ^^^^^This!^^^^^

I'd rather control my cholesterol and diabetes with a diet change that with pills and drugs if I can. I do my next blood work in November and I'm going to do a comparison in the results vs. what they were two months ago.

The doctor's nurse is going to teach me how to use my glucose monitoring meter as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hate you! LOL
    It helps that I have lead a very active life, professionally and recreationally for a lot of years. While my weight has stayed pretty close to what it was in high school, hard living and some bad choices have not been kind to my body in the least. I'll make no excuses, because I was fully aware of the choices I made. I still have some choices that will have to be made in the near future, such as quitting smoking. That one is going to be very hard, especially after over 45 years of smoking, but my doctor's are going to help me find a method that will work for me.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Imo those parents should be swinging from the same tree branch as the groomer parents taking their kids to the sodomite parades

I agree. The advice the provider was trying to give the kids mom about proper nutrition & such just fell on chosen deaf ears.

Sorry woman just rolled her fuuck you eyes at her & went back to playing on her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    It helps that I have lead a very active life, professionally and recreationally for a lot of years. While my weight has stayed pretty close to what it was in high school, hard living and some bad choices have not been kind to my body in the least. I'll make no excuses, because I was fully aware of the choices I made. I still have some choices that will have to be made in the near future, such as quitting smoking. That one is going to be very hard, especially after over 45 years of smoking, but my doctor's are going to help me find a method that will work for me.
    I was able to do it, and it was not easy. Years later I still feel the urge occasionally, but the awful smell of a smoker is a good deterrent.

If I can do it, you can surely do it as well - and you will feel so much better afterwards.

Top Bottom