Not open for further replies.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    All I know is the guy that grabbed me would have gotten punched in the face. That would have been followed by preparation to defend myself against all of them attacking. Read what you want into that. Thirdly, when that was settled, a call to the police. It seems to me that the drunk ones are the ones that usually go to jail.

The fact that you are a big young guy not a small woman doesn't really change the situation to me. He tried to physically move you into his dwelling. I am pretty sure it wasn't to give you a beer and talk about your feelings.

In a situation like this, it is good to go on the attack before the situation even begins. When I come upon a strange/ possibly dangerous situation like this, I make the first move. It may not seem like much, but i just look them in the eye as I walk by and say "how's it going?" This tells them that you aren't looking for trouble or scared. It also tells them that you know they are there. People usually hate to be ignored, even when they should be. You would be surprised how well this works. Predators look for the weak and scared. If you show them right off the bat that that isn't you, then they will usually wait for weaker prey. With this approach, you would have possibly been offered a beer and could have asked them to turn the radio down a bit. But maybe not.

Ofcourse, some people get drunk and just look for trouble. Be prepared to give it to them.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    never saw then before last night.....i get what your saying though
    After reading thru this I have a question;
    Was there any interaction between you and the people from the other boat prior to the incident in question?
    Maybe even non-verbal expressions, eye contact or 'body language' impressions that may (or may not) have been misinterpreted to be threatening, insulting or degrading in some manner?
    I'm not trying to say it was you, or in anyway excuse their behavior.
    I'm just trying to figure out how someone - even in a drunken state - would randomly take offence to someone else, which is presumably a much larger unknown party, walking by and minding their own business. And take offence to the point that they would feel it necessary - even in their drunken state - to initiate a physical confrontation seems odd.

It just doesn't make sense - and drunks rarely do - but I thought I'd ask...

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    yes sir i knwo what you mean...Im most deffinatly not scared though, they were just lookin to start trouble is all.the radio was never an issue, ive been here 2 yrs and never complained about anything..mostly keep to myself...i used to be a bouncer so i just steer clear of drunks..ive seen just how stupid things get in a hurry. I still regret not hitting him should have....funny thing is they called me into the leasing office bitching at me today like i did somthing wrong. well i did,i didnt knock the guy out...funny how people can turn stories around an these dumbasses believe them lol, its also funny how everyone wants to be a badass an back down so quikly when the tables turn

All I know is the guy that grabbed me would have gotten punched in the face. That would have been followed by preparation to defend myself against all of them attacking. Read what you want into that. Thirdly, when that was settled, a call to the police. It seems to me that the drunk ones are the ones that usually go to jail.

The fact that you are a big young guy not a small woman doesn't really change the situation to me. He tried to physically move you into his dwelling. I am pretty sure it wasn't to give you a beer and talk about your feelings.

In a situation like this, it is good to go on the attack before the situation even begins. When I come upon a strange/ possibly dangerous situation like this, I make the first move. It may not seem like much, but i just look them in the eye as I walk by and say "how's it going?" This tells them that you aren't looking for trouble or scared. It also tells them that you know they are there. People usually hate to be ignored, even when they should be. You would be surprised how well this works. Predators look for the weak and scared. If you show them right off the bat that that isn't you, then they will usually wait for weaker prey. With this approach, you would have possibly been offered a beer and could have asked them to turn the radio down a bit. But maybe not.

Ofcourse, some people get drunk and just look for trouble. Be prepared to give it to them.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    never saw then before last night.....i get what your saying though

I guess some people are just natural born A-holes, just add alcohol...

....funny thing is they called me into the leasing office bitching at me today like i did somthing wrong....

Wait?
    How'd that work? There must have been some kind of accusation with this. So what was the drunks' side of the story? Were the drunks' even present? Did you explain your side to the leasing office? What was their reaction and response?

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I deal with drunks a lot.
    Sounds to me like you were dealing with a few idiots who had a severe case of "beer muscles". Your being bigger than them probably added fuel to the fire (completely opposite of what would have happened had they been more sober). They were mostly just trying to impress each other, which is why they acted aggressive towards you, but backed the hell off when you "stood your ground". Otherwise, if they were truly in a solid state of mind to get you in the boat, all of them would have jumped you at the same time, rather than just one while the others just watched.

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt assholes to me. Next time, just call the police - that's what they're there for! ...a police report listing you as the victim, and them as the aggressors probably would have helped you out at the leasing office too.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Sounds like a bunch of butthurt assholes to me. Next time, just call the police - that's what they're there for! ...a police report listing you as the victim, and them as the aggressors probably would have helped you out at the leasing office too.

+1

That's what I was thinking too...
    It sounds like when reality dawned on them they jumped to report AKMike as the aggressor to the leasing office before he had a chance to report the 'newbies' to the leasing office.
    In this circumstance, I would suspect that your age and size are playing against you...

The only way that you could have avoided this mess is if you reported them first, but now any reports you make look revenge oriented.
    So much for being the 'nice guy' by taking the high road and letting them sleep it off.
    Next time you're faced with an incident - make sure you're the first one to report it. (As was stated earlier in this thread)
    If not to the police (which would be preferred) then at least in a phone call to the 24 hr answering service of your leasing office - making sure you follow-up as soon as they open in the morning.
    Any report is better than no report at all in your situation.
    CYA-WP (Cover Your Ass - With Paper)

If their activity continues - then perhaps others in your dock community would also take the opportunity to report the drunks' occupying that particular slip... (Hint... Hint...)
    This would go a long way toward building and showing a 'pattern of behavior' that could be used in your defense should the situation escalate at some point in the future.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    At this time, I'd like to point out that you have an overwhelming response from your fellow TGT'ers telling you to utilize the police department your tax dollars pay for!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom