• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There's a lot of trimming on my place and I gave up on the Weedeater brand long ago. I use Echo trimmers now. The price is high but they really do the job. I'm on my 2nd one in about 20 years and a neighbor gave a broken one a few months ago. I'll fix it and put it to use.

I've never owned a Shindowa personally but the school district I worked in swore by them. They are pricy but they really held up well for the grounds crew.

Flash

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    After I gave up on the chain store weedeaters like Toro and Troy-Built I went on a quest to find a great affordable weedeater. I ended up stopping along I-20 and asking a couple of the road crew guys what weedeater they were using and if they liked them. They were using Stihl weedeaters and every one of them said that they liked them the best for comfort, balance and durability.

I bought a Stihl that very weekend. I've had it now for almost 13 years and outside of a small maintenance issue every once in a while it has proven to be a great investment. The balance is so perfect that It hardly feels like you are carrying anything at all and the power is unbelievable.

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    I owned a lawn and landscape business for years. Stihl was the best for me. That being said, I've been using a Honda 4-stroke the last couple years that I really like. No gas mixing, powerful as hell, and starts on the first pull every time.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    4-stroke hand held power tools? They're not too heavy? Guess I'm way behind the times.
    Are they cost competitive to the 2-strokes?

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    At the time I bought the Honda, it was the best 4-stroke trimmer, and I understand it still is. It is slightly heavier than a 2-stroke, but not enough to matter. When I bought mine, the price was about the same as the commercial Stihl product. Both are priced higher than usual residential products, but I guess it depends on how often you want to replace them.

BoydS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    SE Texas
    I owned a lawn and landscape business for years. Stihl was the best for me. That being said, I've been using a Honda 4-stroke the last couple years that I really like. No gas mixing, powerful as hell, and starts on the first pull every time.
    I own several acres and bought a Honda 4-stroke a few years ago myself. I also picked up the string head that accepts the push in type string (no winding around the spool). This trimmer has performed flawlessly in the years I've own it. Starts first pull here as well, and can cut through the toughest of weeds and more. You put gas in one side and oil in the other. And of course, sta-bil is always good to use. I always add 2 ozs to every 5 gal can before I head to the gas station.

Top Bottom