• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Cam - I know there's an old thread on purification, but it went to hell. This one is focused on today's reality..and the upcoming shortages, etc.

Purification/distillation systems are expensive and require power to operate. Filtration systems, like Berkey etc, are cumbersome and not cheap. Bottled water is great; and eventually you'll run out.

Our solution: Lifestraw pitcher. Link below.

We've used it for over 2 years, no complaints. While still in Katy, after knowing it would serve us well, we bought a second pitcher for backup, and 3 years worth of filters. Either things will be normal by then, or it won't matter anymore, lol.

Total investment at the time, <$250
    Maybe more now.

We still drink bottled water, but it's nice to have this critical backup on hand...without having to find a way to boil water...especially when we were without power, living in the city.

1000000212.jpg

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Cam - I know there's an old thread on purification, but it went to hell. This one is focused on today's reality..and the upcoming shortages, etc.

Purification/distillation systems are expensive and require power to operate. Filtration systems, like Berkey etc, are cumbersome and not cheap. Bottled water is great; and eventually you'll run out.

Our solution: Lifestraw pitcher. Link below.

We've used it for over 2 years, no complaints. While still in Katy, after knowing it would serve us well, we bought a second pitcher for backup, and 3 years worth of filters. Either things will be normal by then, or it won't matter anymore, lol.

Total investment at the time, <$250
    Maybe more now.

We still drink bottled water, but it's nice to have this critical backup on hand...without having to find a way to boil water...especially when we were without power, living in the city.

View attachment 478702
    Do you have the glass or the plastic pitcher? Is one better than the other?

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I just ordered a Katydin backpack pump filter unit. We have pretty substantial filtration built in out here. But ive always wanted something to fill in in emergencies, and something portable. This would be a pita to use at 1L/min but being dead is fairly inconvenient as well..

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I just ordered a Katydin backpack pump filter unit. We have pretty substantial filtration built in out here. But ive always wanted something to fill in in emergencies, and something portable. This would be a pita to use at 1L/min but being dead is fairly inconvenient as well..
    Good plan, 1L/min isn't bad. :)
    Your built-in system, does it need electricity to function? Is having extra filters on hand an option? Those were always concerns of mine: power and availability of components.

Top Bottom