• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    This is the first I heard of it, but a US company (commercial) is about to land on the moon. First landing since 1972, so it's big news. I believe that it is unmanned, but a test for future manned flights. If you want to watch live, it is just about to happen on FOX LIve now.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    It's a collaboration between NASA and Intuitive Machines. We are past the 5:23 central landing time, but they are having comms issues and are trying to reestablish the link. The lander has an autonomous landing system, so should be okay. We shall see...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I saw the first one, but I'll pass on this one.
    I watched the first one as a stupid little kid. All these years later I actually question if it wasn’t a Stanley Kubrick production in a sound stage in the UK. Just the other night I started to watch a YouTube video but nodded out.

I guess getting to this rip old age and seeing what a joke our government is I just don’t believe anything.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    That's really lame not to have landing footage. No way of knowing if it actually happened. The Mission Control head says "It landed. We have a signal" and everyone starts jumping around like they won the lottery.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    What camera would get video of the landing?
    The one that was on the lander for that purpose.
    Due to the navigation complications, which required the uplink of a software patch, they decided to power down EagleCam during landing and not deploy the device during Odysseus' final descent.

However, both the Intuitive Machines and EagleCam teams still plan to deploy EagleCam and capture images of the lander on the lunar surface as the mission continues. They say.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    It came down just a little off vertical travel path, hit in the upright position, but because it had some horizontal momentum, tipped over.

At least it's not upside down, like the Japanese screw-up.
    Is there a wrecker service on the moon that could go flip both of them right side up?

Top Bottom