Target Sports

Wanted S&W Bodyguard .38 which should I trade off.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    WTB/WTT S&W Bodyguard .38 which should I trade off.

I have decided to go light and get a Bodyguard Revolver. But I have to trade off something in partial payment for the little S&W. Of the 3 the 1848 .50 cal Muff Pistol is the one I want least. But I overpaid for it many years ago and get upset by lowballing. The CZ 75 Pre B is one I always wanted and is a hoot to shoot, has 2 mags. The S&W 469 has not been mine long, but I love it. Has 2 12 rnd mags. One or more has to go to fund the todays overpriced revolver. Please tell me what you think.
    DSCF1726.gif
    DSCF1710.gif
    DSCF2790.gif
    If one is interested in one of these 3, drop me a note. I'm not bound to the Bodyguard, just a light snubby. I won't get upset by any offer. The worst I can say is no. I'm in the Houston area but will drive a reasonable distance for a FTF trade or sale.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

If you overpaid for the pistol it sucks but if it's the one you don't like find the fair market price and sell it for that.

Not sure what you consider a "low ball" price. Making an offer is normal when buying something for most people. If what you consider a low ball price is based off of the original over payment you will probably not sell it unless you find someone else willing to overpay for the gun.

I wouldn't sell a gun I liked simply because I couldn't get my money back out of one I over payed for and didn't like.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I carry the SW model 637, have for 2 years now and I love it.
    The model 642 is the hammer-less version. Both are 400 dollar guns.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I would almost buy one just so I could tell everyone I had a "muff pistol".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Double LOL... The 469 and CZ are fine handguns. I would sell the least useful of the three. Although I suppose in a SHTF situation, it could be nice to own a gun that you make your own propellant for. There wouldn't be any paperwork involved in selling it either. My bodyguard of choice is the 638. Shrouded hammer instead of bobbed. I can still take SA shots without worrying about the snagging. Who cares if it's ugly.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    ...And the Muff has a drop trigger and Dolphin hammer, all in the ole muff

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Have you looked at the Ruger LCRs? Shot one for the first time last week and it surprised me about how much I enjoyed it. Herself's mom purchased the gun for carry in her handbag and shot it quite well, until I loaded .357s in it. One and done with those:) Pleasant as any of those small guns and acceptable trigger and accuracy for that type of gun. You should be able to sell that CZ, buy a NIB Ruger and have some change left over.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Thanks guys for taking a look and the comments. Whatever I decide I will post the sale here first. Again if you have an interest or something to trade on any of the three guns, message me and well talk. In the Houston area.

Top Bottom