• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I got rid of my 10/22 and picked up a Walther G22 last week. I ordered a small Red Dot scope from Amazon, but it hasn't come in yet so I mounted up a spare scope I had to go shoot tomorrow

WaltherG22Scope.jpg

With Laser
    WaltherG22Laser1.jpg

WaltherG22Laser2.jpg

WaltherG22Laser3.jpg

Quick trigger jobto shorten the length of the pull. By putting a set screw in the back of the trigger, I was able to eliminate about half of the pull. All I had to do was drill a small hole that went through to the top front of the trigger. The hole was tight enough to hold my machine screw in place. And now I have the ability to adjust the length of the pull with a screw driver

Walther_G22_Trigger.jpg

Custom trigger linkage bar that won't bend. Makes the trigger pull WAY tighter

Walther_G22_Trigger2.jpg
    Target Sports

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Re: Walther G22 pics

that's unique, never saw a rifle in that caliber shaped like that, pretty neat

I hadn't either till I ran across it on Texas Gun Trader while doing a search for "bullpup". I did a bunch of research to make sure it was a worthy weapon and decided to buy it. Should be easy to carry on my lap while I'm driving to spotlight some cottontails. Also super easy to maneuver in a blind. Alot of times I'll use subsonic ammo to shoot at random crap while we're waiting for hogs to show.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

My only real complaint so far is that the safety is only a trigger safety, and when you tighten up the linkage all the way, you can actually discharge the gun when the safety is on if you pull hard enough.

Do you think this safety issue is related to the improvements you have made, or did it come from the factory this way???

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I was thinking P22 when I opened the thread, I had never heard of this gun before either.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I saw this on the walther site and it caught my interest, I am curious to see how it does at different ranges with the sights so high obove the barrel. Let us know how it shoots.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX

Do you think this safety issue is related to the improvements you have made, or did it come from the factory this way???

It was the improvements that I made to the linkage that caused it. From the factory, you would snap off the plastic trigger before the gun discharged with the safety on.

I saw this on the walther site and it caught my interest, I am curious to see how it does at different ranges with the sights so high obove the barrel. Let us know how it shoots.

Not sure how it will do at different ranges, but I ordered the red laser that's designed to go on the end and has the same contour as the rest of the stock. Should help at really close range

I put a decent number of rounds through it today, and I was really happy with how easily/ quick it is to acquire targets with such a short rifle. Was shooting at metal targets at ~25 yards, and was able to alternate between them quickly and accurately despite the trigger. Should be even better if I tighten up the linkage.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

i am curious to see how the weapon does on the range.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX

Well, like many others who own the G22, I wasn't completely satisfied with the slop in the trigger pull. Some had suggested shimming the trigger linkage with cardboard to keep it from bending, but that seamed like a cheap solution, so I decided to make a custom linkage. First go around was a complete failure when I overheated the metal and the end of the linkage fell off :banghead:

For the second go, I bought some thicker steel round bar, and bent it up. Then welded some ends on it. I think it came out pretty well, and now the trigger is nice and tight without having to stick cardboard in my gun. For anyone considering doing this; it is painstaking and frustrating trying to get the bar the exact right length/ shape. Well worth it if you have the fab skills though

Walther_G22_Trigger2.jpg

NOW I can take it to the range and get some data

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks

Finally got to the range today. Here's a 10 shot grouping at 100yds using crappy Remington bulk ammo. Wish I could have spent some more time out there today to dial it in, but the range has been super crowded durring the holidays.

WaltherG22Grouping100yds.jpg

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Was in my blind and spotted a bunch of cotton tails having a love fest about 100yds out just as the sun went down. I lit those bastards up with this Walther .22, and let me tell you it was a blast. Using some decent CCI ammo, it was no problem putting rounds right on the target.

Had the intention to skin them all out, but unfortunately 2 of 3 had worms. I got 2 others with my 10mm the day before though, so enough to make a decent meal on the grill.

Top Bottom