• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Go check your Wally World. Local store here in Corpus marked down for clearance lots of ammo. RWS 9mm $5.63 Winchester Wbox .223 $4.28 many more I don't recall.
    Guns International

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My son worked for WM a few years ago and was told then that some of the stores were going to be doing away with ammo sales. All the publicity from Rosie Odonnell made them get rid of gun sales. No doubt the lawyers are concerned about liability.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    My son worked for WM a few years ago and was told then that some of the stores were going to be doing away with ammo sales. All the publicity from Rosie Odonnell made them get rid of gun sales. No doubt the lawyers are concerned about liability.

4473 deficiency had a good deal to do with the ridding of guns from wal-mart as well. None the less, it's a shame that so few have firearms. I bought my first shotgun from walmart some 14 or so years ago for $78.

I don't know if it's the same at all other wally worlds but at the one in round rock, they started stocking Tulammo in pistol and the two cheap rifle calibers (.223 and 7.62x39)

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas

Was up in Abilene last november and WM there had guns. My younger brother bought his son's Remington 30.06 there as a matter of fact.

I get most of my stuff for the range at WM. Although I did get a laugh from the kid that was helping me out the other day. They had Win 5.56 55g wb for just under $10.00 and the clerk said that it was a discontinued (they weren't going to sell anymore) product. Funny thing though, they keep restocking the shelves with that stuff, with the red tag, for about a year now. :)

sc020643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    pearland
    4473 deficiency had a good deal to do with the ridding of guns from wal-mart as well. None the less, it's a shame that so few have firearms. I bought my first shotgun from walmart some 14 or so years ago for $78.

I don't know if it's the same at all other wally worlds but at the one in round rock, they started stocking Tulammo in pistol and the two cheap rifle calibers (.223 and 7.62x39)

this past weekend the walmart in friendswood started carrying the tulammo in 7.62x39 & 380....

Philo Beddoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Lubbock, Tx.

Is Tulammo goodf quality?

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Same here, the prices on Federal which is normally their cheapest went up across the board. I think they did that to encourage people to buy the TulAmmo. I bought abox of it to try, seems to be ok.

If the discounted prices are up to the manager, then I am glad he knows me and gave me a call.LOL ....it's who you know....

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Quite a few differences at the Wally World in Pflugerville.

1st....the bad news is that my favorite range ammo, federal 115grain 9mm FMJ ammo went from $9.47 to 10.47 per box :(
    2nd...they had Winchester white box and Remington Green hollowpoints for 9mm. Never had this before.
    3rd....had the new Tulammo Russian stuff. They have it for $9.47 per box of 20. Same price as my old federal brass. But they also have it in .223 for $5 per box - cheaper than Academy's standard price of $6 per box of steel.

Happy to see the wider selection of 9mm. Sad as can be to lose my $9.47 per box price on Federal.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I bought five boxs of Tula .223 for $26 (after tax) to try out in my AR rifles. Certainly better than $45 for the 100-round box of Federal, but I'm kinda leery about shooting steel.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I'm leery about shooting steel as well. I know that lacquer un-treated will screw up an ar, and that steel cases will tear up an extractor, but how many rounds of steel have to be fired to kill an extractor?

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I bought a box of the 9mm tulammo last week. It shot fine but was super dirty. I decided to buy a few cases of american made brass on-line while waiting to see what happens with ammo prices over the next couple of months.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I bought five boxs of Tula .223 for $26 (after tax) to try out in my AR rifles. Certainly better than $45 for the 100-round box of Federal, but I'm kinda leery about shooting steel.

I alternate a couple steel then a couple brass in the mag so that the brass collects the laquer as I shoot. Shooting a couple hundred steel, then going brass, may get the brass stuck. This has been my experience. Ymmv

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    ... I decided to buy a few cases of american made brass on-line while waiting to see what happens with ammo prices over the next couple of months.

Uhh. Is this just a general curious to see what happens or is there something I'm not aware of that might push prices up? That'd be real good to know. If at any point I find out prices are expected to rise, I'm going shopping big.

Top Bottom